Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
US$595
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$345
US$205
  • Breakfast included
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$161
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$351
US$329
Marriott
Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$279
US$169
US$165
TripAdvisor
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$177
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop deckbeach equipmentboogie boardsfresh baked cookiesafternoon cookiesacross the streetcd playersmall hotelfeed the meterwelcome cardfree beachwithin walking distancedaily newspapercity lothard boiled eggscontinental breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A friend and I stayed in the suite at this hotel last month and it was a great value and location. The staff there is helpful and friendly, especially the woman who helped me with the reservation and assisted us while we were there for two nights. It felt safe and comfy and very clean and they serve a hearty breakfast every morning. You can eat it in their dining area, in your room or up on their deck overlooking the ocean...it's a lovely spot. The parking is okay if you can get into their lot or you may have to walk across the street although it's a quiet neighborhood so that's not really a problem. I felt security was good and the maintenance man was helpful in securing a gate for us. We liked this place a lot and would stay here again. It's literally one block from the beach so what a find!!! It's not too large which is also a good thing. The beach in that area is vast and clean and the boardwalk is behind a lot of pretty beach homes with nice landscaping so makes for a happy walking area and a great spot to take photographs....it's really refreshing!

Room Tip: Tell the front desk if you have a disabled parking tag so they will save the space for you rather than give it away if it's not used by early evening...it's a private lot so it's up to you to tell them.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have been to the Bay Shores Peninsula twice now and will definately become a regular! My first trip was in June with my Grandson and I just wanted someplace close to the beach that we could walk to. This was perfect! Newport is not crowded and a very easy drive from where I live in Las Vegas. The second time I brought my daughter and Grandson and it was just as great. It was Christmas time and we went to see the annual Boat Show! Lots of decorated boats crusing the harbor (which you can see from the roof).
My Grandson acts like it is a home away from home! And they have an excellent breakfast, afternoon cookies, free beach equipment and movies to borrow. So glad I discovered this place! Friendliest and most helpful staff ever, you can tell they really love their job. My next trip is in August for my Grandson's birthday - can't wait!

Room Tip: Book early - all rooms are great!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BrendaT216
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Introverted I may be, but let me tell you--I had so much fun chatting with the desk clerk the day I called to make a reservation that I knew I was going to have good things to say here later. So now I'm here later with the dish on my stay. After seeing that the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel had an acceptable rating, I called to book a room for one reason and one reason only: it was across the street from the beach. The aforementioned fun chat began, and before I hung up, my lunch plan for day one of my mini-vacation included a grilled shrimp Chronic Taco upon the clerk's recommendation. (No regrets there.) Only after booking did I read some of the actual customer reviews of the hotel, and I also saw it got Trip Advisor's Hotel of the Year award. I got the sense from customers as well as the pictures that the hotel aura was kind of a "home away from home" feel with its fresh-baked cookies and airy decor. The reality is, it WAS like "home away from home"--perfect. I arrived early, but they reordered the cleaning schedule to prepare my room as quickly as possible at no extra charge. In the meantime, I enjoyed my taco, which I picked up on the way :), in their cozy little dining area before taking off for a brief reunion with the beach prior to a meeting. I was able to get into my super-comfy oceanview room within half an hour, perk a delicious cup of coffee (the in-room accommodations were so superb they made much of my packing redundant, and I'm not exaggerating), and get on with my weekend plans. The good news is that my appreciation of their reasonable rates, excellent location, and pleasant rooms, as well as their ultra-friendly and helpful staff, leads me to say I have no intention of ever staying anywhere other than the Bay Shores in Newport Beach ever again. I loved it. The bad news is, the secret's out.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank ShaybeeBaybee
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had a two day break from an intense business trip and this was the perfect place to spend it. The hotel is small enough to get personal attention. The decor is wonderfully suitable for a beach location. Little things make a stay there delightful - the roof deck where you can watch the sun set over the Pacific (if you sit at the high table), the availability of beach equipment at no charge, the free wireless and parking, the cookies in the afternoon and a surprisingly adequate breakfast considering there is nothing cooked (there are breakfast sandwiches you can warm up in the microwave). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom and room were spotless. I liked that the housekeeping staff left doors and windows open to let the sea breezes in (of course closing them afterwards). The location is superb - just across the street from the beach. One very minor complaint is that the desk was not comfortable to work at. But at a place as relaxing as this I should not have been working at all.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage ask for a ground floor room as the elevator is very small.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Efrat L
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We had a great experience. Our favorite perks were free breakfast that we enjoyed on rooftop patio, fresh baked cookies in afternoon and DVDs and popcorn at night. Staff already mailed us a thank you! Great location great service and great price

• Stayed: March 2012