2,012 results
All reviews shor restaurant balboa building fashion island jazz festival golf course shuffle board lobby bar self park beautiful grounds orange county airport john wayne airport main building nice property per day free shuttle shuttle service bay view
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This review comes a month late but was certainly deserving. My friends and I have been staying here for the week of the 4th for the past 5-8 years. The location is amazing, close to all sorts of beaches, shopping and restaurants (though I do recommend having a car). The rooms are nice and there is a ton of fun activities to keep all ages stimulated. We swam in their many pools, played golf, used the neighboring tennis club (daily) and used their workout room. They also have bikes to rent and go all over - really a good offering of amenities to make a trip of any duration enjoyable.

I would like to call special attention to the barista ladies; Alejandra and Adriana, who took care of us every morning. They were extremely hospitable, nice, hard working and remember us every year. They model what customer service should look like. Even though I only stay at this hotel about twice a year (7 days in total), I feel like a "regular" and I wont think of staying at another property in the immediate area.

Thanks for a great stay and looking forward to MANY more summers spent at the property :)

Stayed: July 2018
Ashley R, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We will be sure to share this with Alejandra and Adriana's managers. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I wish I could write a better review for this Hotel because I am positive that this property did have it's day and I've stayed there so many times, prior to renovations, etc.
At the end of the day, its a great average property but it's not really up to what I would, in any case, consider the "Hyatt Regency" standards if you're going by that reputation.
Check it out well prior to booking.

Room Tip: Property is very large so choose by going online
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ck1projects

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your loyalty to Hyatt. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Room not ready at 4pm check-in. Had to keep check myself, no knowledge of local attractions, given a scripted piece of paper, when asked questions staff said Google it! Checkout never asked how was stay?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Reviewed August 2, 2018

If you're going to Balboa Island or the beach, great location. We even drove to Universal Studios on a Monday morning from here, took 1.5 hours there (6am), and 1 hour on the way back (10pm). The pool without the slide was nice, great temp and it's salt water so it's soft on your skin. Smore's was a nice treat! The golf course needs some work. Fun time riding bikes. Shopping and food galore surrounding the area. Overall a good family experience.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

As far as hotels go this one needs some work. Got an ADA room that smelled awful, stain on the couch, fridge rattling (they replaced it) and just not what I’d expect from a HYATT let alone a HYATT Regency. Tried to move but Mia couldn’t seem to be able to find a room that was any better. Nor could she explain the options very well. Offered an upgrade but it had a view of parking lot! And said they are sold out every night.

Then at dinner we ordered drinks and meals and asked for bread and were informed it is $4.00. Really! $27 self parking and we are just about to scream.

Too bad. Great central location but we’d be hard pressed to come back. It’s going to be a long couple of days ... at least it is work and not vaca.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business