1,271 results
All reviews fashion island across the street the concierge lounge golf course main tower conference center self parking fashion mall an ocean view room outdoor mall per day high floor whole foods orange county short drive balboa peninsula resort fee
Reviewed December 15, 2015

We stayed for three nights here, we had a lovely room on an upper floor with a great view, room was very clean, a little on the small side but nice. All the staff we encountered were friendly apart from the staff in the bar on Sunday evening who were rather unhelpful and didn't make us welcome, bar staff on Saturday afternoon were wonderful. Upon check in we did get told the wrong hours that the Executive Lounge was open, we were not told it was open on Sunday evening, which we would certainly have used and told the wrong time it opened on Monday morning. We had a great deal but the resort fee and parking almost doubled the price of the room. We didn't take advantage of any of the amenities from the resort fee as we already had complimentary room wi-if and we didn't need a free beach shuttle, bicycles, access to the spa, etc.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms with ocean view
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2015

The Sams and Harry Lounge needs to retrain their bar staff on the attention to greet patrons and take their orders. A patron should not need to "flag down" and request a server to the table nor when inquiring about service, the guest should not be questioned.
For a hotel of this quality, the staff needs better training. Or better yet, the management of this department needs a greater review and update to make sure that the staff is catering to the patrons. But then, the staff at the bar may not be concerned about the service.
Whatever the case, I will consider another hotel on my next visit to this area. I do not need to have this type of frustration.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank chewychewy3226
DebbieSnavely, General Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your most recent experience at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa. I am very sorry for what you experienced during your stay the hotel, this is definitely not the level of service that we have come to be known for. One of the most important things about a hotel is to feel as though you are being taken care of and enjoying yourself and I apologize that the service in Sam & Harry’s was subpar. Please know that your comments have been shared with the Food & Beverage Manager in an effort to improve the hotel service quality for all of our guests in the future. I hope that you will join us again at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa next time you are in the area so we can turn this experience around for you.

Reviewed December 4, 2015 via mobile

This property has beautiful views. Excellent location for wherever you are going in Southern California. Be sure to request an upper floor. A ton of weddings and events going on. Impeccable rooms and housekeeping. It was a long walk to front desk and valet.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

I visited when two large groups were also on the hotel grounds and still received personal service. The concierge lounge was delightful as well. Parking is expensive here but that shouldn't stop you from staying. Wanted to get a good location and still be close to the airport and this one did the trick. Didn't have a chance to use the outside areas but they looked well kept. May return soon, however I was double charged on my "resort fees" and haven't been able to fix it

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2015

Very nice staff! The hotel is very clean and the staff is very helpful. My room was on the 10th floor and had a view of the mall and the ocean in the foreground. I was here for work and the hotel provided breakfast and lunch for 4 days and it was always tasty! My room had a really nice tiled shower. It was very clean and roomy. I had a comfy king size bed as well! They rent bikes which is a nice plus. The location is great as it is right next to fashion island shopping complex.

Room Tip: I like the higher rooms for better views.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business