Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$187
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$179
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$249
  • Pool
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Restaurant
US$159
Hyatt.com
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$132
  • Restaurant
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$199
1,250 results
All reviewsfashion islandacross the streetthe concierge loungegolf coursemain towerconference centerself parkingfashion mallan ocean view roomoutdoor mallper dayhigh floorwhole foodsbalboa peninsulaorange countyshort driveresort fee
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Always enjoy Marriotts Hotels but this might be the best resort/location in SoCal. Mall across the street, downtown and the beach around the corner. Will definitely be back soon. Thank you to the friendly staff for making this getaway relaxing and easy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Joy W, Guest Relations Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Thanks for the great review, Alex! We're thrilled you enjoyed your time with us in our great location, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed November 27, 2017

I went there in October for a convention. Two years ago they lost my reservation for the same convention and I decided to purchase an expensive room instead with an ocean view. I figured that would not be lost in the shuffle. I went online but tried to make the reservation by phone. I was quoted $259 first night and $259 the second night. I said that was fine. After getting all my info the woman goes "Okay. I have your reservation. You're paying $529 per night for your room." I go "What? Online it has $259 which you confirmed on the phone." Then she goes 'Oh, you're looking online? Oh, yeah, you're correct." She was trying to screw me out of money. Then, of course, as part of the spiel they want you to become a member of their Rewards Program which I said "No, thanks." Since someone was staying with me in the room and needed more continuing education points, I extended the stay for an additional night, three nights total.

I get there and guess what? There is no room service. I call asking what's going on and I'm told "Well, you're a Rewards Member." "NO, I'm not." "Well, sorry." I asked "You mean to say if someone foregoes getting their room cleaned, they get points?" to which she responded "Yes." I could not believe that. I told here again "I"m not a Rewards member." No on ever cleaned up my room the entire time I was there.

I went to use the spa, the jacuzzi and put my things in one of the lockers which a 4-digit code. After using the spa I go actually to the wrong locker. It's on the top row on the end but in the second entrance instead of the first. I enter my 4-digit number and the locker opens and it's not mine. There is a purse and other objects that belong to someone else. I tell a couple of spa people to let the person know. Apparently any 4-digit number worked. When I came down hours later to use the spa no one had put any sign on that locker. It was still broken.

One evening, Friday or Saturday, we were out by the pool area for an outdoor event. My roomate went to use the restroom and came back and told me there was an infestation of cockroaches in the women's restroom. She was freaking out as she had sandels on and was worried about them climbing up her legs. She said she informed someone, but she didn't believe he informed anyone. It's like the employees have an aversion to report any problem at their facility for fear of some kind of retribution to them for doing that.

After my stay I go to my credit card receipt to see what they have charged me for my stay. I could not identify several of the items. What was really interesting was a charge for $1. I wondered what in the heck that could possibly be for? I never got a complete itemization from this hotel. I sent multiple emails and they just totally blew me off after spending over $1,000 at their facility. They don't get a damn about customer service at all.

I'm writing this to warn everyone to make sure you go over everything completely and totally be aware that they do not care about you as a customer no matter what you spend at their facility. They will stick it to you big time, and if you have a problem, they have absolutely no incentive to resolve your problem.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 4smeyer
Joy W, Guest Relations Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear that you did not experience the kind of five-star stay that we strive to provide all of our guests. We appreciate your sharing all of your constructive input so we can address your concerns internally. Should your travels ever bring you back to our area, we hope to have the chance to improve upon your experience.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Unusually friendly and helpful staff made me feel welcome. Eric at the front desk went to great effort to find an appropriate room even though I arrived four hours before the normal check-in. The room was very clean and airy with a large patio door that overlooked a golf course and you could see the ocean in the distance. Unfortunately the hotel is under the flight pattern from Orange County airport and the noise is most noticeable in the morning. Although there is only one restaurant, the shopping center across the street is packed with many different types of restaurants plus a huge Whole Foods with an enormous take-out section. The food at the restaurant was excellent and reasonable. They obviously make their money on liquor as I paid $18.50 for a Chopin martini. The shrimp salad was outstanding with grilled octopus, assorted greens and a light Thai dressing. Their hamburger was enormous with two patties, and my choice of a side salad was equally huge and delicious. Avoid the lobster salad unless you enjoy lots of salami which was not mentioned in the menu description. Their Starbucks featured a nice gift shop and clothing store along with the standard fare. Although some minor billing problems occurred, they were quickly rectified. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Joy W, Guest Relations Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

We appreciate this thorough reviews, your kind words, and your feedback. Please join us again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and great service, highly recommended. Great location right next to Fashion Island and a 20 minute drive to the harbor. We had an amazing ocean view and a view of the pool and the golf course.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Joy W, Guest Relations Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share this lovely review with us, George. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient for your visit to Newport Beach. Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

This was my 3rd stay at this property. There are 3 different buildings and now I have stayed in all of them. This time I was in the tower above the conference center which made it very convenient to get from the room to the WFF conference. Very nice rooms. Comfortable beds Staff are very helpful. I didn’t get a chance to use the amenities but they have a very cool pool area. There is a Starbucks in the hotel as well!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Joy W, Guest Relations Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your review with us, Linda! We're thrilled that you loved our spacious guest rooms, convenient location and outstanding service. We hope you'll make a return visit so that you can try out our pool. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon.