“Kale Salad!”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 520 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2015

I always used to make a face when someone mentioned kale, after trying their kale salad I am a believer. Great variety of foods for all types of foodies. Try some of their creative cocktails too.

Reviewed September 21, 2015

When I visit my family in O.C. a few times a year, it is mandatory that we dine for lunch at True Foods. My favorites are the edamame dumplings...sumptuous, the spaghetti squash casserole...devine, the butternut and wild mushroom pizza (I get 1/2 & 1/2) ...fabulous. It is obvious that the freshest ingredients are used and the wait staff is always extremely friendly. I would recommend sitting outside, as it is much easier to talk to whomever you are with. Inside is bright and lovely, but can get pretty loud.

Reviewed September 19, 2015

Dr. Andrew Weil, a founder of the True Food Kitchen did his homework before opening True Food. Wow- I couldn't eat here enough. I'm not exactly sure what "anti-inflamatory foods" are, but wow they sure to taste good! Everything I had was delicious and the place was always full, but not overly crowded- now wait. If you try anything try the MATCHA HORCHATA (Hot)-Matcha, Almond Milk, Evaporated Cane, Cinnamon, Clove & Vanilla. I ordered one with my meal then one to go! Amazing

2  Thank Baggia24
Reviewed September 16, 2015

Globally inspired and locally sourced healthy food with a wide variety of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. I highly recommend the edamame dumplings with white TRUFFLE oil! I pretty much love anything with truffle, but I also really love edamame, and these just melt in your mouth! I could eat this for my entire meal... I wish they came with more than just 4! I also really like the teriyaki brown rice bowl, tofu lettuce cups and hummus with pita. The caramelized onion tart with fig and gorgonzola also looks really good.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

I've eaten there about 6 times. My family loves it but I'm yet to be satisfied. I've told my family I refuse to eat there anymore.

First off, the food portions are tiny and very expensive. The flavor is hit-n-miss for my taste. Even the martini is a short pour. I don't mind paying $100 for 3 people to eat if it delivers an enjoyable experience.

For one thing; I've found the service to be snobbish and overly slow. I always find un-attentative service to be a distraction to an enjoyable experience even when the food is good. Add to that inadequate portions and hit-n-miss flavors and it's not something I'm willing to re-inflict on myself. I'll go to Gulfstream or Tommy Bahama instead - or drive to Spectrum for Tender Greens if I want the natural foods experience.

Their bathrooms also bug me. Not only were they dirty last time, but the washing area is in a common area (men & women together) just outside the bathrooms, in view of the restaurant. I find that uncomfortable.

Further, I got mild food poisoning from them last year... Ugg. My family dragged me back but now they're banned when I'm in the party.

1  Thank Brad L