“Healthy and tasty as always...”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 538 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 6, all of us enjoyed healthy food at great and very friendly service. It is a lovely place to enjoy lunch. The drinks are freshly made here and the atmosphere is very nice.
Grass fed hamburger is highly recommended.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

I've been to this very unique restaurant several times and loved it every time. The food is healthy, the pricing is fair for this expensive area and every waiter and waitress I've had were always pleasant, knowledgeable and responsive. Really nice place!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed May 27, 2017

I was so blown away by my recent lunch dining experience here. I attended lunch with a group of 13 ladies in the private wine room that we had reserved in advance. The table was beautifully done. We had the most attentive, well informed and friendly server. A few of the ladies had been here before but most had not so we had tons of questions and she was super patient with all the questions. I was so unsure of what to order, I'm not vegan, nor vegetarian, nor gluten free so the menu was a little different from my typical dining spots... no worries our server helped with our choices.
We started with the Farmers Market Crudite served with a tzatziki sauce and a black olive dip. DELICIOUS and such a beautiful presentation. Then we passed around the Kale Guacamole that has pink grapefruit, cilantro, roasted poblanos, sunflower seeds and is served with pita chips that were over the top good! I love guac, this was flavor on a whole different level! So fresh, light and each bite was better than the last. We also passed around the Shitake Lettuce Cups that have tofu, jicama, shitake's and something for a little spice. Nice crunch from the chopped jicama and rich, deep flavors brought out by the mushrooms. You do not miss the meat found in your "typical" lettuce wrap. We each ordered entrees and the most popular were the Red Chili Noodle Bowl, Poke Bowl (not a traditional Poke Bowl), Spaghetti Squash Casserole and the Sustainable Sea Bass. Each very good and very different but each one was really good and full of flavor. We ended with Flourless Chocolate Cake, Key Lime Pie with Chantilly Cream that is made using coconut cream that you will find hard to believe is dairy free and the favorite dessert we tried hands down was the Coconut and Chia Seed Flan. Not like any flan you have had, it was more like a pudding with a light coconut flavor...I know my description doesn't do it justice I just recommend you try it (we got the caramel sauce on the side). Not to mention, they do have an extensive wine list as well as really unique and tasty cocktails.
Seriously everything was so good, I can't believe I was a skeptic before trying it. It was amazing!

1  Thank Valeriemtanner
Reviewed May 25, 2017

The ambiance was great, the location was great, the waitress was so nice and helpful. This was my first time at this restaurant. The food was delicious. I had a day with my two sisters and we had such a nice and enjoyable time. I hope to return soon. I will bring other people that have never experienced this type of food. The Medicine Man drink was very good. I loved the Red Chili Noodles.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

**I met friends for lunch one gray day a couple of weeks ago, and the food made the day much sunnier. It is SO appetizing. Had a wonderfully refreshing drink, honey lemonade. My friends and I decided to share several dishes. We had the Spicy Panang Curry (fabulous), the Wild Mushroom Pizza (good), the Spaghetti Squash Casserole (also quite good), and finally, the Teriyaki Quinoa (so tasty!). The four of us could not finish everything. The servings are generous and the ambiance (though a bit noisy) lively. It was quiet when we first arrived, but got very busy quickly, so it's probably a good idea to make reservations.