All reviews waterline restaurant club members private beach duffy boat water view room service valet parking beautiful hotel hotel guests pool staff fitness center orange county fashion island southern california bbc yacht becca
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Friendly staff, great food, superb location less than a mile from home. I goofed up our reservations and was still able to check-in thanks to the great front desk staff and manager! They really went the extra mile to accommodate us.

Room tip: The room safes are a little on the small side if you need to store large items.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sam_El_Rabaa, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your Balboa Bay Resort experience, Michael C. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay-cation with us and that our helpful staff were able to get your reservation in order and help make your stay great. We can't wait to welcome you back to the Resort.

Reviewed November 13, 2018

I got a room for the night to surprise my sisters and ask them to be my maids of honor. I arrived around 4pm on a Friday. I was greeted with two smiling faces who offered me champagne and wine. Damion checked me into my room and I told him my plan for the evening. He was so kind and actually upgraded me to a gorgeous room. This room had an amazing view and was huge. My sisters were so surprised and blown away by the view. We actually live in Newport Beach so this was a stay-cation for us. We had dinner at A&O which has super fun live music, great servers, and yummy food. Then we had breakfast at Waterline which was amazing as well. All around it was a wonderful trip. Thank you Damion for an amazing room!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank carly a
Sam_El_Rabaa, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your five-star experience, carly a. We are so pleased to hear that your stay-cation surprise was a great one! We are especially happy to hear that you enjoyed our bay views and dining experiences. We hope to welcome you back to the Resort soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here attending a conference. Truly an excellent experience. It is a beautiful hotel, truly breathtaking views from our balcony and very accommodating staff.

The front desk managers Damian Garcia and Lauren Ragan were very welcoming upon our arrival and extremely helpful through our three day stay at this beautiful resort. True professionals!

Will definitely come back and strongly recommend this wonderful place to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Excursion33117469222
Sam_El_Rabaa, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Balboa Bay Resort, Excursion33117469222. We are very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us during your conference and that our views and helpful staff were able to make your stay great. We can't wait to welcome you back to the Resort soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2018

My wife surprised me a weekend getaway at the Balboa Bay Resort and it was amazing. As I have come to expect the resort itself is stunning but the staff and I hate to use the word staff because the people there are all so fabulous.
We arrived Friday afternoon and were greeted by the nicest people JR helped us with our bags and Damian checked us in, told us what was going on at the resort and gave us a glass of wine. What a reception ! Before leaving for dinner we stopped at A&O for a glass of wine and Tara explained the wine selections and was engaging and friendly
Saturday we hung out by the pool and Ruben took great care of us. We had a great poolside lunch and a couple of drinks and he was there to make sure we had everything we needed for a nice relaxing Saturday. We watched college football at A&O and again Tara helped make it a great night,
Sunday morning Dylan helped us check-out and made sure we didn't leave anything behind. He didn't rush us and helped put our stuff back in the car for the drive home.
Another amazing weekend at what has become our favorite resort. Saying thank you doesn't seem like enough and I can't recommend this place enough. Please visit and find out for yourselves and tell then Larry B sent you!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry B
Sam_El_Rabaa, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your Balboa Bay Resort five-star experience with us, Larry B. It is great to hear that every part of your stay was great and that our helpful staff were able to exceed your expectations throughout the weekend. We can't wait to welcome you back to the Resort soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Beautiful sunrise & sunsets overlooking the yacht mooring from the hotel balcony. Gorgeous restaurants on the water. Great atmosphere. Beautiful pool. Luxurious rooms & awesome bathroom.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your five-star experience, Lee M. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Resort and that our bay views and amenities were able to make your stay great. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!