All reviews orient express loose caboose clear lake different theme hot tub harley davidson french toast wonderful hosts next morning visiting friends fun place to stay dvd library romantic getaway feather bed rick's cafe a hoot husbands birthday
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed at the Featherbed Railroad during the my fiance's birthday / wine tasting trip in and around Lake County. When we arrived to this beautiful park like setting with Redwood trees with tree swing (have to ride that swing), Peggy greeted us warmly. Tony and Peggy are the owners. They run a cozy, friendly, and adorable establishment. She told us about the wineries in the area, great recommendation Peggy.

Our room was what we expected according to what we saw on the website. Everything was clean and well kept. Our room had a view of Clear Lake, foothills and was charmingly decorated (as all rooms are) in "La Loose Caboose" theme, nice burgundy jacuzzi with full mirrored wall, queen bed sits under a mirrored ceiling, very romantic. we were enjoying the sunset with great wine on our "front porch" and their private pier.

The next morning, Tony greeted everybody at the dining hall. He also gave us an alternate routes home with more wineries along the way. Thank you Tony, we found some great wineries. Breakfast was delicious, with homemade quiche, chicken apple sausage, great coffee, very nice touch with homemade strawberry ice cream.

Definitely worth a visit if you are planning to be in the Nice / Clear Lake areas, not the cheapest place, but if you love unique / great theme rooms, good breakfast and old-fashioned Southern hospitality, this is the place for you.

ps. The follow up thank you email was a class act. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pbsuchikul
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This place is great! The rooms are so fun - a great place to get away! How many people get to spend the night in a (comfortable) old train car? The "rooms" aka cars are super clean and very well kept. We had the wild, wild west room which comes complete with a bar and mirror and a footed bathtub.

The owners are SO friendly and sweet. They make a great breakfast too! They did not forget any details in making this incredible bed and breakfast. Walk around the grounds for awhile and try to spot all of the things in the trees.

The location is perfect - right on the lake. It's close by to a few restaurants and the Lunchbox Museum which is one of the coolest places I've ever been, so check that out if you come here (and bring your wallet!).

Definitely go here if you need a weekend away with your lover. It's fun and relaxing and just a wonderful place that I hope to come back to soon!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daotonpyheht
Reviewed July 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Featherbed Railroad for one night in June. It was such a nice and relaxing place. We had to get up early the next morning for a fishing trip and the owners made us a picnic lunch to take with us. It was greatly appreciated and above and beyond what they had to do. You can really tell they care about their bed and breakfast AND the guests that come to stay. Thank you Featherbed for making our time in Clearlake so enjoyable!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

we wanted a last minuet get away, and stumbled on this via internet. we originally wanted the "Laoose Caboose" but it was booked. When I read the "Easy Rider" had handlebars mounted to the headboard it was a no brainer. I was a little nervous that it might be "cheesey" (I've surprised my wife with some pretty lame places) But when I opened the door we were completely BLOWN AWAY! It was clean, sexy...Awesome! Tony & Peggy were great, Breakfast was Wonderful. Their nephew took us on a tour of the other cabooses, they are just as cool. We told all our friends, and are coming back in the summer to rent the WHOLE place out! Thanks Tony & Peggy

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CCandLar
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I surprised my husband with a trip to the Featherbed Railroad and we stayed in La Loose Caboose. What a great room and a great experience. Peggy and Tony are wonderful hosts and we enjoyed visiting with them and their dogs. The in room hot tubs are a delight. Breakfast was wonderful. Such a fun getaway!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple