“Fun afternoon of golf”

Blacklake Golf Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Nipomo
Reviewed October 25, 2015

Was on a recent business trip to Santa Maria that require a weekend layover. Decided to try a round of golf and found this course. Booked online at the website and showed up 30 min early to chat with pro shop. When I described my game he paired me with a couple of members who were at the same level and off we went. I actually played all three courses...a lot of hole require accuracy off the tee either because the hole is narrow or there are strategically placed trees. The course is very dry due to the drought, lakes are empty but greens and most fairways were nice. Overall a good time and pretty good value.

Reviewed September 1, 2015

After researching area courses, I selected Blacklake to play while in the area. I enjoyed a great afternoon of golf for a great rate which included lunch and beverage. The Pro Shop attendant, Gary, was welcoming and helpful upon my arrival, making me feel as though I was a regular at the course rather than a visitor. Like all courses I have visited in California, they are struggling with the drought crisis to keep the course presentable. I found it to be an enjoyable afternoon and, I'll return to play it again during my visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2015

This is where I had my wedding reception, it was nearly 20 years ago, Blacklake Golf Resort was just openiing up for weddings and such, and it just all came together! Since then I've seen it's hosted many golf events and party's. Wonderful!

Reviewed June 3, 2015

Black Lake offers three nine hole courses (Lakes, Canyons & Oaks) each with a slightly different challenge. The Lakes course is fairly open, the Canyons and Oaks courses are sometimes narrow, and the Oaks course snatches balls into fields of poison oak. Stay away, a ball isn't worth it. I've caught it twice playing there. The recent draught has reeked havoc at Black Lake with empty ponds and many brown areas. But the greens are in fine shape. The clubhouse, restaurant, and staff are excellent. And the course usually advertises specials in the paper or coupons that make a round very reasonable.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 25, 2015

Hi gang,
I've been reading and hearing about Blacklake at Nipomo for years and since I was already in the 'hood, I decided to play it. There are three-9 hole courses offered. I played the Lakes/Canyon combo, passing on the Oaks nine. I paid $51, the starter graciously put me out on the Lakes course. It's in a valley location with some water to contend with. Some of the holes are really long, par 5's playing 528 and a whopping 573 yds in length. For the second nine I played Canyon. Hole #2 is a par 5 played out on a virtual hilltop. From the blue tee you can barely make out the landing area. It takes a whole lotta courage to carry the grove of trees thar separate the tee from the fairway. Fun !!!
Then I caught up with the ladies out playing on Tues (my bad). Slow from there on, I invited a single to join me and then invited a twosome to join us as well. The course is in good shape, good hole design but at least pace of play will only last you for 9 holes.
I don't think it's worth $51, maybe 10 bucks less. Check it out, you might like it here, just bring plenty of balls and maybe a good book.
Rich