Open today: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

Fun afternoon of golf

Reviewed October 25, 2015
DaveNS
Halifax, Canada

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

We are playing here at least twice a month! They now have new golf carts which are great. The courses are challenging with some nice water features which makes it fun & interesting.
The hotdogs & a drink go with a round; not the greatest but it gets you through!

2  Thank Mills655
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

If you like fairways that are full of debris, patches of grass interspersed with the dirt, and cracked cart paths, this is the place for you. A real goat track. Would not recommend for anyone who has ever played a truly nice golf course. Go across the street to Monarch Dunes...you'll be much happier.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

The weather hasn't been kind recently so a bit of the scruffiness of the golf course can be forgiven. However, a lot of the course looked poorly maintained and the carts were all held together by duct tape. I worry that the course is in financial difficulty. Better weather should make the course play better and it is beautiful.

1  Thank UltimateWines
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Poor course maintenance, snack bar that is old and very limited but low rates make this a questionable choice

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Check internet for deals, nice peaceful location with ample parking, food and drinks are pricey , food orders can be slow in coming

Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

Mom & Dad retired up here, in September, 1999. They live in the Legends, between the 1st. & the 9th. hole. With a beautiful, big backyard, & a natural area, beyond. They cherish the friends, they have made here. It peaceful & quiet.
The Golf Resort, & the surrounding areas, are beautiful!

Thank Mark C. D
Reviewed January 31, 2016

My husband loves to golf and we found this place by searching out area golf courses. We didnt want something too pricey, but something for him to try out his new skill. We were able to book a good rate online at their website. I dont golf, so we were charged a $15 "spectator" fee. I think that is silly, but I am sure they have their reasons for it. We had a really great time golfing here. The people were very friendly, not snooty at all. The other golfers were amazing as well. The greens and fairways are very well taken care of, and the course was moderately difficult. It was just a beautiful day, and beautiful area all around. We will definitely come here again next time we are in the area. We were treated with respect, and we like that alot.

Reviewed October 25, 2015

Was on a recent business trip to Santa Maria that require a weekend layover. Decided to try a round of golf and found this course. Booked online at the website and showed up 30 min early to chat with pro shop. When I described my game he paired me with a couple of members who were at the same level and off we went. I actually played all three courses...a lot of hole require accuracy off the tee either because the hole is narrow or there are strategically placed trees. The course is very dry due to the drought, lakes are empty but greens and most fairways were nice. Overall a good time and pretty good value.

Reviewed September 1, 2015

After researching area courses, I selected Blacklake to play while in the area. I enjoyed a great afternoon of golf for a great rate which included lunch and beverage. The Pro Shop attendant, Gary, was welcoming and helpful upon my arrival, making me feel as though I was a regular at the course rather than a visitor. Like all courses I have visited in California, they are struggling with the drought crisis to keep the course presentable. I found it to be an enjoyable afternoon and, I'll return to play it again during my visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2015

This is where I had my wedding reception, it was nearly 20 years ago, Blacklake Golf Resort was just openiing up for weddings and such, and it just all came together! Since then I've seen it's hosted many golf events and party's. Wonderful!