“Listen to the Waitress”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our waitress suggested the bleu burger which I ran with and was quite happy with my meal. Between the burger and the fries, I was more than filled up. My wife did not fare as well. She ordered the grilled chicken salad with a side of the homemade potato chips. The sand was Ok but the chips were under-cooked. I suggest you order whatever the waitress recommends - - - she did an excellent job of suggesting my entree and she ran her legs off serving customers.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Been driving by here for a long time, finally made a stop - their sign "The Almost Famous Outpost Café" kept calling....worth the stop. Right off the freeway with easy exit and entry makes it a quick stop too.
I had the cowboy eggs benedict which was excellent and a lot of food, my daughter had the homemade hash and eggs, very tasty! The food looks good and tastes great and the service is wonderful.
It is a truck stop place, so you know the food has to be good and it is, if you are passing by it is well worth your time to stop by. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available along with beer and wine if you wish. We will be back (thank goodness we live close by).

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Had the chicken fried steak and eggs with grits. Portions are big and quality is great for a diner. Wife had bacon and eggs with pancakes and hers was awesome as well. Sat at the bar inside and service was just as good as the food. The have quite a big menu and plenty of items to please all. Chicken Fried Steak was nice and crispy on outside and tender in middle. You also have to try the biscuits and gravy. I am cer picky with B&G and was thoroughly impressed with theirs. Comfort food at its best!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I make that statement based on the photos on the walls from the 80's. It's an old school place, a little wore out, but generally clean, except for the restrooms. I had the prime rib special, at least 12 ounces for $15.99 with potato, vegetables, salad, and a roll. Ad a Heineken and I was out the door for $21 tax included. Great deal. The rib was a perfectly cooked medium , a little pink, and included you choice of grated or creamy horseradish. How often do you get that choice? Baked potato and veggies we're nicely prepared, the roll was supplier provided but fresh and soft. Overall the food was excellent. Service was the same, water on the table within a minute, and always very attentive. The only negative was really the restroom, partially out of order and otherwise pretty unkept. For food, service, and value I do not hesitate to recommend the Outpost Cafe to anyone including families.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We looked up restaurants in the area -this looked good & it was close to our hotel. We both had a dinner salad with blue cheese - the BEST dressing. I had broiled salmon & my husband had fish & chips. My salmon was excellent. I had about ten sides to choose from. I got a huge baked potato. Sour cream & butter came with it in a bowl not a teeny cup. Fish & chips was lightly breaded & a huge portion.