“Great stay near Ojai without the high price tag!”
Review of Oakridge Inn

Oakridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak View
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Wanted to stay in Ojai, but availability and cost inspired me to look elsewhere. This is an independently owned setting just 5 minutes down the hill, as close as we could get under the $100 threshold.

My small son and I were warmly greeted and given room 113 on the ground floor. It was a very clean and spacious queen bed suite with pull out sofa, coffee table, in-cabinet micrwoave and refrigerator, and tv, nice for light entertaining.

The decor had a warm contemporary country feel, but with nice upgrades such as boutique style bed presentation with high loft pillows. It was a nice setup and the bed was comfortable.

The bath was huge with granite countertops and a full tub, definitely large enough for two to prepare for the day. I appreciated the extra space, bath towel, liquid soap dispenser, gentle bar soap, shampoo, and heat lamp.

The heat and ventillation worked well with digital temp settings.

Parking was convenient to the room.

There was in room coffee and coffee, a good selection of Stash teas, all day and am danish and pm cookies in the office.

There were ample, reasonable and varied restaurants within walking distance and even more in Ojai, the nearby hamlet of Meiners Oaks, and down the hill in Ventura.

This is not a spa setting if that's what you're looking for.

Our room was away from the road so was very quiet.

It was a five day stay for business and visiting friends. This was a pleasant and affordable situation for us.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank litenup

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I came to this hotel with some relatives to have a good rest for the weekend. On arrival we didn't think much of the place from the outside but when we got our room we were pleasantly surprised. The room (room 105, a bunk bed and a queen-sized bed) was quite spacious with an equally big bathroom. The room had a mini-fridge and a microwave which was very convenient. The pool was quite small but quaint and while we didn't get in, we still had a fun time dipping our feet into it and enjoying the ambiance. The television had a lot of channels to choose from including HBO. Some people may not care much about the TV listings but it's nice to know we have a lot of varieties to choose from. There have been many occasions where I've stayed in high-priced hotels only to find out that there are only about 10 channels to choose from. The hotel is not in some fancy part of a city but has a lot of mini-markets and restaurants close by. It is also very close to a nice lake/recreational area where one could rent boats and bikes. It's also a reasonably near the Santa Barbara's Stearn's Wharf (took us about 15-20 minutes to get there). We all slept quite comfortably and were treated to a continental breakfast in the morning. All in all, it was a great experience. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank John S
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Really nice rooms, with huge bathroom and kitchenette. Not much in the town however, some lovely scenery, near the ocast and very close to a lovely town named Ojai. Great for a stop over for a night or two but probably run out of things to do if youre there much longer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloeleaning
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I recently came to Ojai from Boston to attend a friend's wedding and I found this place to be absolutely wonderful. It was perfect for what I was looking for, especially in terms of the budget. I checked around at a few motels in Ojai, but the Oakridge Inn had the best price. At first I was unsure as it was slightly farther from downtown; however after my stay, I would highly recommend this place. The rooms were clean, the complimentary breakfast was a plus, and my spouse and I enjoyed the relaxing jacuzzi. We had one extra day to spend in Ojai after the wedding, and the manager, Scott was very helpful in recommending nearby attractions and restaurants for us.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bostongirl007
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My partner went to Hotel.com to book this and was charged $100 for a MOTEL that
was worse than a bad Motel 6. In my 30 years of traveling and staying at many
different types of venues, this was one of the worst motels and I have stayed at
over 100 hotels/motels in my travels
The bed mattress was so old (at least 20 years) that the round metal spring coils
could be felt on your body. I got absolutely no sleep. When I went to talk to the
manager that morning, there was no apology for the poor condition of the unit.
The comment was "No one has ever complained" I find that hard to believe.
In addition the room itself had a rug that probably has not been washed in years, vacuumed yes, but felt grimmy and the bathroom had embedded dirt in the corners of the laneolium. We tried to turn on the A/C and that didn't work and had to call for assistance which took them awhile to get working. The bottomline is DONT STAY THERE EVER unless you like low low end motels.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
sincereman, Manager at Oakridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

Well! Where do I begin? This guest basically had only one complaint told to me personally and that was the mattress. Which I honestly said I have never heard this complaint being told to me ever, in regards to the room she and her partner were in. She never mentioned anything else about her stay, which makes me wonder if any of the other things said in her review had any merit.
This guest never came to me with politeness or respect towards her issue. She came to me with an onslaught of profanity and rudeness and even used the the f-word twice towards me personally before I could even offer her any type of discount. If she would have only asked for it, and raised her concerns in a respectful manner I would have given her a credit, as I do with any of my guest for any unpleasant stays at my motel, but she did not.
I will always stand by my motel and respect any concerns guest may have, but this lady clearly was on a mission to only rant and vent about the mattress. She never requested a refund, only yell out profanities towards me and my motel. If she were to come to me with just a slight bit of respectfulness, this matter could have been handle amicably.
I would have had no problem giving her a credit back for her bad experience, but with her lacking any communicational skills, and her being so disrespectful towards me personally, I just chose to look the other way and allow her the luxury to vent and yell out the f-word for everyone to hear at breakfast. There was nothing I could have done, unless she were to calm down, whicn she never did.
Afterwards she went outside and yelled out to my other guest about her experience, which I feel was totally inappropriate, but just shows you there was nothing I could have done to calm ther down.
Bottom line.....The mattress in room #215 was fine for most of my guest stays, but mattress issues will always be subjective ones, depending on the persons need.
Manager
Scott

Reviewed 9 March 2011

The Inn was perfectly centered for our trip with the Island Packers to the Channel Islands and the concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl, plus some wonderful hikes in the Ojai Valley. Not to mention a great day trip to a few wineries. We loved the Spool...what a great way to end the perfect day. You're not gambling if you're staying here...it's a sure thing! The awesome oatmeal cookies definitely made up for the the green bananas. Thanks Sottt!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2011

We rented 9 rooms on President Day weekend and we all had great stay. First, we were going to camp out but due to the rain we decided to stay in motel nearby. We checked out some motel rates in Ojai area and found Oakridge Inn to be the closest and most reasonable (Lake casitas staff also recommended this motel). Front desk clerk was very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2011
Clocktower Inn Hotel
#19 of 23 in Ventura
13.4 km away
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura

Been to Oakridge Inn? Share your experiences!