“Nothing better!”
Review of Moss Rose Bakery

Moss Rose Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Oakdale
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Forget all your ideas of what a bakery has. Most are all the same. This one is different. Fire heated brick oven is the best. The pastrys are hard to beat, most of which you will not find anywhere elso. Do yourself a favor. Stop here! Great old town feeling. Been around over 100 years!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed April 23, 2018

The Angel Cookies and Frosted Sugar Cookies (more like a shortbread sugar cookie) are to die for! I also like the coffee cake with five types of fruit filling, the cinnamon rolls are huge, and the turnovers are the bomb! I guess you could say there's nothing bad here. The atmosphere is the feeling of a family owned bakery and the staff treats you like you are part of the family. Not sure what to have? Ask the staff what their favorite is and try it - I've never been disappointed. Lunch is also a treat. (Oh, and don't forget to take a loaf of the cinnamon bread home - makes a great breakfast treat - or french toast!)

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I have ordered cookies, pastries and bread from Moss Rose. We have visited for lunch as well and it’s great. I ordered the turkey sandwich meal and it’s real thick turkey breast, no lunch meat. It comes with a side and a great baked cookie. We have also bought their meat sauce and homemade raviolis for dinner, which is frozen so it’s easy to take togo.
Recommend highly.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

This bakery ~ lunch spot has been here for years, yet I recently discover it! My new favorite bakery ~ lunch spot! The sandwiches are HUGE and homemade along with the soups and potato salads. The owner is a wonder, sweet person who seems to work very hard at making Moss Rose both welcoming and local! And meatloaf sandwiches, I had to get one just to say I ate one ~ and it is a return favorite now!! It’s on a side street w/not the best parking but it’s worth it!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018

What a true treasure! Fabulous European style bakery - breads baked in brick ovens...fresh, not loaded w/preservatives! And their food is also wonderful...we had lunch, great sandwhiches & home made soups & salads. Definitely a go to place when I’m back in the area. Great staff.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Moss Rose Bakery? Share your experiences!