“Good steak nice ambience”

Branding Iron Steak House
Ranked #20 of 52 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Branding Iron Steakhouse is closed for the season. We will re-open in Spring of 2018. The Branding Iron Steakhouse is located at the Historic Sierra Sky Ranch. You can dine with a touch of history! Sierra Sky Ranch was built in 1875 as the area's first working cattle ranch. Since the early 1900's , the ranch has been many things ranging from a Tuberculosis Hospital, to a World War II Rest and Recuperation Center. Today Sierra Sky Ranch is a 28 room hotel with the Branding Iron as the on site dining option. We offer a full variety of menu items from appetizers to hamburgers, and delicious mouth watering steaks. The Branding Iron also has a full bar, offering ice cold beer, wine and spirits. Reservations are recommended, but not required.
Reviewed October 7, 2017

A country style place with really good steaks and friendly staff. They offer you bread which is more of a cake with a strange cinnamon butter. Felt like a dessert rather than a starter. I'm not sure I like being called a "doe" as the restrooms try to keep up with the style but inside is very woman friendly offering any amenity you might need including magazines to read! Overall a positive experience.

ShannonKay75, Front Office Manager at Branding Iron Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner here at The Branding Iron Restaurant & Saloon. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Shannon

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Just had dinner at this restaurant. Although they were out of the steak we wanted, our waiter, Kalon, recommended the flat iron steak.kalon went out of his way to make our experience a great one. He was very attentive, helpful and very pleasant. The food was excellent and the atmosphere very good. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good meal in Oakhurst. Make sure you get Kalon as your waiter

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner here at The Branding Iron Restaurant & Saloon. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Shannon

Reviewed August 24, 2017

Ate there with friends a couple weeks ago. I ordered the Rib Eye steak medium rare. Came with baked potato and string beans. Steak was a bit overcooked, probably medium-well but I didn't send it back, still was ok. But the baked potato was overcooked so much that I was amazed it was on my plate! It was very ugly and obviously overcooked. I sent it back and got the garlic mashed potatoes instead. My wife's potatoes were cold. Service was a bit erratic and took a long time to pay the bill. It was kinda ok but nothing I would highly recommend..

ShannonKay75, Front Office Manager at Branding Iron Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

I'm sorry that your experience was not to the expectations we try to strive for here at Sierra Sky Ranch Hotel and Branding Iron Steak House. Please come in again and we will make sure your experience is an excellent one.

Thank you for business Sincerely Shannon

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is attached to the hotel we stayed at while visiting Yosemite. We discovered that they have a prime rib special and Fridays and knew we'd visit. We had a sweet waiter who was funny and kind. The food was fantastic!! Husband had the prime rib and it was delicious. I had the skirt steak which was marinated and it was tender and so tasty. My oldest tried the macaroni and cheese. It has many different cheeses in it so it's not for the weary. She liked it after a few bites. The adults all tried it and thought it was delicious. If you visit, be sure to try the creamed corn...amazing!!!

Management response:Responded July 25, 2017

Hello Meehangirls3!

The prime rib is my favorite! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything that your family ordered, along with the service you received.

Please come back and visit with us when you are in the area again!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

i was pleasantly surprised by how good the prime rib dinner was. If you're staying at the local hotels that give you a print -out on the menu and prices, you do get a discount, however, the prices are outdated by two - three dollars per item - at least, ours was. It was still good and moderately priced, the service was good and the food was tasty.

Management response:Responded July 25, 2017

Hello JoanneJourneys!

We are so happy you enjoyed our food and service! Please make sure to visit us again!