“Nice to have a local option”
Review of Cool Bean Cafe

Cool Bean Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Oakhurst
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Description: Nestled in the foothills at the southern entrance to the famous Yosemite, The Cool Bean Cafe is dedicated to serving the mountain community of Oakhurst--and the many adventurers passing through it--with only the highest quality ethical coffee and tea. We specialize in fairly traded, organic certified, shade grown coffee and direct trade, organic certified tea. We offer traditional drinks (double espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, americanos, flat whites) as well as a variety of our own specialty lattes. We also have a pour over bar where you can select from a list of weekly updated coffee origins and have one of our baristas hand brew you an individual cup of coffee. And, for the aficionado, we also offer cold brewed coffee. We bake delicious pastries and breakfast quiche daily, using organic sustainable ingredients when available. We have a commitment to serve food with ingredients that you can pronounce! We also have GLUTEN-FREE options available! We believe in great customer service, and we strive to make each customer delighted with our handcrafted beverages and food. We are located in the center of Oakhurst, next to McDonald's and Pizza Factory. Come give us a try--we think you will be happy you did!
Reviewed March 22, 2018

Whenever I travel, I like to try local cuisine. Coffee is included in that. I stopped in this cute cafe after an appointment to have a coffee and a little snack. Small, but efficiently run cafe, order at the counter and find a table, kind of place. I had a non-fat flat white and a wonderful piece of banana bread. Both were wonderful. They have a large selection for a small place.
Located in a strip mall behind MacDonald's you have to look for it. But it is worth it!

1  Thank gdr23

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

I️ wanted so much to like this place but the quiche took too long, was lukewarm and too salty, the coffee at the counter was also lukewarm and the fresh brewed decaf was flavorless. Sigh, maybe an off day....

Reviewed October 31, 2017

We loved the Cool Bean Cafe!

We ate breakfast here two mornings in a row while visiting Yosemite. Very reasonably priced and a very delicious breakfast sandwich and coffee. Inexpensive refills, which was appreciated.

Friendly service. Nice outside seating area.

We only wish there was one in Oregon!

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I like trying local coffee shops for a few reasons one of them being that usually the coffee tastes better then "Starbucks " and two I like supporting local business when I visit a city or town.
I had the pumpkin Chai and it was delicious not to sweet and the right amount of pumpkin!
I totally recommend people give this coffee shop a try!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

My husband & I stopped here for the first time to try it out and was very impressed. We are older and found it quite good. We will go there again. We had a lite lunch and coffee. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Great service.

Been to Cool Bean Cafe? Share your experiences!