“It was the best way to start our S.F. trip!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mexico
“It was the best way to start our S.F. trip!”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We picked this Hotel for our first night of a San Francisco trip for being too close to OAK airport. Recently I have stayed at many Holiday Inns and I must admit that is partialy because I became a Priority Club member, but this Hotel is one of the best HIs we have stayed at.

Our plane landed at OAK at midnight, I called the Hotel and "TWO" minutes after, the complimentary shuttle was picking me up. Now, that is service! I learned that they have this free shuttle for destinations whithin one mile from the Hotel.
Checking in was smooth and that is something you want after a 5 hour flight. Front desk was corteous and helpful... and they even gave us some pizza delivery info in case we were hungry, we also received a complimentary bottle of water per priority club mermbership.

All the staff we meet was very professional and cared about the guests. Our room was decent clean, everything looks new, bed was comfortable as well as the pillow menu. Free internet was fast.

I was afraid that being so close to OAK airport there might be some planes noise, but that did not happen. I have read reviews about the walls being too thin, but I didn't hear a thing from the rooms next door, but I am a very heavy sleeper so I can not comment about that.
There is a Walmart nearby (is a 10-15 minute walk if you like to exercise or you can use the shuttle.) My only complaint would be that after doing some shopping at walmart I called the hotel requesting the shuttle to pick me up but it never showed up.

After check out we used the shuttle to drop-us-off to the BART station at Oakland Colisseum, where we took the train that took us to SF and by the way is a very cheap and convenient way to get there, thay have a lift and plenty of room for large suitcases.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for late night / early morning flights and for Raiders games.

2 Thank J-L-1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
CT
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I live in the central valley and whenever I stayed here twice whenever I am stay out late in Oakland or the Bay Area. The rooms are clean and modern. This is a very different Holiday Inn that we remember from the early 1990s. I was very impressed and the price is right. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. Definitely my go-to hotel when I am in Oakland.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I recently stayed in Oakland for my first RAIDERS game, and expected an OK hotel with a bunch of rowdy football fans in a bad area of town. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the complete opposite.

We arrived late to check in, arriving at 1am on Sunday morning. When we did arrive there were no more rooms with 2 king size beds available but the staff at the hotel took it upon themselves to upgrade me, my two brothers and 17 yr old nephew to a 1-bedroom king size bed suite and even had a roll away bed staged in the room.

Throughout our stay I bombarded the front desk staff with questions and requests, and EVERY QUESTION WAS ANSWERED AND EVERY REQUEST MET WITH TIMELY EFFICIENCY AND A SMILE!!! My stay was great but this made it ten times better!!

We had the Sunday morning breakfast buffet and were served by Maria, she was phenomenal!!!

I had a great experience at this hotel and look forward to returning someday soon!!

Room Tip: The front desk is so good its like having a concierge at a 5 star hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arthur A
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel to be an excellent place to stay. While it is near the Oakland Airport, airplane noise was not a problem. They have a restaurant/sports bar for lunch/dinner and offer breakfast meals.

Our room was very clean, the bed was just as comfortable as the one at home and they even offer two different pillows; soft or firm!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Oakland/San Francisco area. We spent most of our time in San Francisco and Napa, but this was a wonderful place for a good nights' rest.

Room Tip: Hotel is just 3 minutes from the rental car drop-off. Quick and easy...no need to worry about missi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Overall good hotel experience. Be careful not to confuse this hotel with the other Holiday inn; they are within several blocks of one another. Rooms are spacious and generally clean. The decor stood out to me because it is very modern and stylish. I really enjoyed the roomy walk-in shower area. Walls are thin but that is the case with many hotels. Wi-fi is included and works very well. Rooms with microwave and refrigerator are available. No DVD Player combo on the TV so if you plan on watching movies, bring your laptop or a separate player. FREE parking in the hotel lot, which is hard to come by sometimes. There is ALOT of construction on the outside area (Hegenberger Rd) so noise may be a distraction, but it only seems they are working during the week. Housekeeping staff is very efficient and thorough. The hotel is also VERY close to the Oakland Airport (probably within about 1-2 miles) and there is a shuttle - so no excuses for missing your flight. I don't have many complaints about this place. If I had to stay in Oakland again, I would definitely consider staying here again.

1 Thank Snsmith02
Long Island NY
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews. I actually keep re-reading the reviews and checking to make sure I stayed in the right place, but sadly, we did stay at Holiday in at 77 Hegenberger Road.

My husband and I only needed 1 night, we were leaving on an early flight out of Oakland and this seemed like a great choice. Location wise this is close.

The location might be new but maybe they didn't clean the 2 different rooms we were in since they built this place. I was skeeved. I have traveled for years with work (although not anymore) and I can say this place needs a good cleaning. I am angry that I paid money to sleep there at all.

First, we checked in and were given the wrong room, we had paid for a 2 king room. The room we were put in was in front of an elevator next to an ice machine (loud, you don't want to be there, if you have to stay here at all). When we called the front desk they quickly moved us: Plus for them for the quick customer service, mistakes do happen. The first room was dirty though and I mentioned it to the desk and I asked her if they had any updated rooms. She informed me this was a new property. We were moved another room up the hall. We were on the 3rd floor.

There were stains on the sheets, stains on the furniture, white flaky dirt and dust build up against all of the walls, smudge marks on all of the walls and did I mention what looked like blood stains on the top sheet (and I didn't even pull the blanket off to see it so there is no way housekeeping missed this).

Walls were paper thin. I heard our neighbor talking, not loud, he was just talking, sounded like to someone on a phone. Heard every siren. I lived in NYC and it wasn't this loud in my apartment so I am someone that is used to noise.

PROS: Front desk moved us quickly. I did call for directions and they were helpful. the free shuttle to the airport was key. Cute little welcome pack.

Unfortunately not clean equals not sanitary. I took some pictures with my camera. The pictures are somewhat dim but the lighting was poor in the rooms.

5 Thank jmmommy
tbuckl4, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Hotel. I must apoligize for the condition of your room during your stay. We do pride ourselves in how we operate our Hotel although feedback from the guest is an important part of achieving award winning service. We do appreciate your input and look forward to seeing you again.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is a very new Holiday Inn at the Oakland airport. It advertised being one of the first of its kind to offer two king beds and did not dissapoint. The rooms were clean and spacious. The resturant on the property was better than standard fare. We had a late arriving flight andwere headed out to the wine country the next morning, so this seemed a perfect fit.

Room Tip: As nice and new as this property is, it is very close to the Oakland Colesium, home of the Oakland R...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends