New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“the best in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Despite a few shortcomings such as the lackluster front desk at check in and a bathroom exhaust fan not working... this is the best of the OAK airport area. I've stayed at many in the area and always find this HI very clean, comfortable and YES.. FULL service!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank upgradeThis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

This hotel is terrific! I love it! I checked in after a grueling flight from London to San Francisco. Was very crabby and tired. The hotel is quiet, spotless, pretty, and the staff is wonderful. They quickly set me up in a lovely room and I was not disturbed at all. Very large room and great bathroom. I am very picky about bathrooms and I liked this one. The restaurant staff were also terrific and very kind. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 431 was great.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank newbury781
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

When I go to Oakland, my trip usually consists of a lil business and alot of party! So with that in mind, I like staying here because its close to the real party (next door at the Hilton) but still quiet enough that you can retire peacefully to your room, if need be. Restaurant downstairs is pretty good, and above all else, not crowded!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Sawdoff
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We picked this Hotel for our first night of a San Francisco trip for being too close to OAK airport. Recently I have stayed at many Holiday Inns and I must admit that is partialy because I became a Priority Club member, but this Hotel is one of the best HIs we have stayed at.

Our plane landed at OAK at midnight, I called the Hotel and "TWO" minutes after, the complimentary shuttle was picking me up. Now, that is service! I learned that they have this free shuttle for destinations whithin one mile from the Hotel.
Checking in was smooth and that is something you want after a 5 hour flight. Front desk was corteous and helpful... and they even gave us some pizza delivery info in case we were hungry, we also received a complimentary bottle of water per priority club mermbership.

All the staff we meet was very professional and cared about the guests. Our room was decent clean, everything looks new, bed was comfortable as well as the pillow menu. Free internet was fast.

I was afraid that being so close to OAK airport there might be some planes noise, but that did not happen. I have read reviews about the walls being too thin, but I didn't hear a thing from the rooms next door, but I am a very heavy sleeper so I can not comment about that.
There is a Walmart nearby (is a 10-15 minute walk if you like to exercise or you can use the shuttle.) My only complaint would be that after doing some shopping at walmart I called the hotel requesting the shuttle to pick me up but it never showed up.

After check out we used the shuttle to drop-us-off to the BART station at Oakland Colisseum, where we took the train that took us to SF and by the way is a very cheap and convenient way to get there, thay have a lift and plenty of room for large suitcases.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for late night / early morning flights and for Raiders games.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J-L-1977
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I live in the central valley and whenever I stayed here twice whenever I am stay out late in Oakland or the Bay Area. The rooms are clean and modern. This is a very different Holiday Inn that we remember from the early 1990s. I was very impressed and the price is right. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. Definitely my go-to hotel when I am in Oakland.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I recently stayed in Oakland for my first RAIDERS game, and expected an OK hotel with a bunch of rowdy football fans in a bad area of town. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the complete opposite.

We arrived late to check in, arriving at 1am on Sunday morning. When we did arrive there were no more rooms with 2 king size beds available but the staff at the hotel took it upon themselves to upgrade me, my two brothers and 17 yr old nephew to a 1-bedroom king size bed suite and even had a roll away bed staged in the room.

Throughout our stay I bombarded the front desk staff with questions and requests, and EVERY QUESTION WAS ANSWERED AND EVERY REQUEST MET WITH TIMELY EFFICIENCY AND A SMILE!!! My stay was great but this made it ten times better!!

We had the Sunday morning breakfast buffet and were served by Maria, she was phenomenal!!!

I had a great experience at this hotel and look forward to returning someday soon!!

Room Tip: The front desk is so good its like having a concierge at a 5 star hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arthur A
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel to be an excellent place to stay. While it is near the Oakland Airport, airplane noise was not a problem. They have a restaurant/sports bar for lunch/dinner and offer breakfast meals.

Our room was very clean, the bed was just as comfortable as the one at home and they even offer two different pillows; soft or firm!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Oakland/San Francisco area. We spent most of our time in San Francisco and Napa, but this was a wonderful place for a good nights' rest.

Room Tip: Hotel is just 3 minutes from the rental car drop-off. Quick and easy...no need to worry about missi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple