“Hip Oakland Bar/Restaurant”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Hipster, industrial vibe. Solid cocktails and extensive beer selection. DJ spinning on top level. Great for a large party.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

The ambience of this restaurant is really lively but inviting, with the large volume and cool artwork on the walls. The food was delicious. I had Moroccan lamb out of a tagine, which melted in my mouth and had the gentle citrus and sweet spices come to the fore.

Price was reasonable, and we managed to get a table within 20 minutes or so.

I’d definitely go back again, when over in the West coast.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We were 5 people, food and drinks were very good, average price. I really can recommend! Book table advance, make sure you are not in hurry. Enjoy the athmosphere, food, people and music!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We wanted an early dinner and ended up at Mua's happy hour. Bartender was great with food to match! We worked our way through their extensive appetizer menu and really enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

This place is great. First the food -- we (a couple) did the Pate, Mushrooms, lettuce cups, collard greens and the pork spare ribs. The amount of food was just right for two people. Honestly, may have been a bit much (not a complaint), but it all tasted sooo good, we godzilla-ed our dishes and devoured them. I would've licked the plates, but the place was so packed. The lamb jowel lettuce cups were delicious, with the meat crispy to perfection. The pork spare ribs and collard greens, were a heavenly combo. I've only had it better in the deep south.
My only complaint would have to be about dessert. We had the bread pudding and the chocolate flour-less brownies (I think), and though they weren't bad, it was just a tad of a let down after all the entrees tasted so amazing. Only advice to the restaurant is to step up the dessert game.
Wait staff were great, very friendly and welcoming.
Ambience -- loved it. The art work everywhere is joyous. Reminded me of eating in NYC / Brooklyn. And the place is lively. It's loud though, so just be prepared.
LOVEd this place. Will be back, so many dishes left to try.

Been to Mua? Share your experiences!