“Nice place with shuttle” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Oakland Airport

Courtyard Oakland Airport
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Fair Oaks, California
“Nice place with shuttle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

We had a great time going to the A's game and staying here! The shuttle driver took us right to the gate of the park. Will stay again. Comfortable beds!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank pnorth1961

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hungarian first
Wakefield, RI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

This property is about 12 years old, is right at the mouth of OAK airport, 5 minute drive. You can drop your rental car off and they will shuttle you back to the hotel. There is no Bistro here but they do offer breakfast (which is never complimentary at these hotels). Earlier reviews noted that there was often a biker crowd here, I did notice a handful but there was no abnormal behavior. The rooms were standard, clean and comfortable, flat screen TV with good internet. I found the staff very friendly. There is a Japanese restaurant right next door (looked 'so so') and also a good local placed called Francesco's, a 10 minute walk. On the way back from this place I got pan handled twice. This naturally has nothing to do with the hotel but the neighborhood appears questionable and would cause me some concern during evening hours. I'm not saying it is unsafe, just be cautious if you stray from the property. They do have a Security Guard at the entrance during the evening. If you're a Marriott hound and need to fly out of OAK, it's either here or downtown Oakland which is about a 15 minute drive.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank edtoby007
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was treated the WORST I have ever been treated at this hotel. The desk attendant, David [--], was so rude and unhelpful my friend and I went to the Holiday Inn Express across the street. He also would not honor the rate I had reserved the room for and wanted to charge me $70.00 more and "credit my card later". I travel to Oakland frequently and will NEVER book a reservation there again. On the other hand, the Holiday Inn Express across the street was very accomadating, gave me a discounted rate when I told them about my experience at the Marriott and they have breakfast!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank frequentflyer072011
albluquerque, nm
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I got bit about 200 times by bed bugs from a single night's stay! Super painful. I can't stay here anymore.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank cmsalis
Locust Fork Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott courtyard as our base for touring San Francisco. It worked really well. If you don't want to pay the high prices for a hotel in SF and the high parking cost I would recommend this hotel. They have a free shuttle to the BART (subway). It's only about 4 or 5 stops to Embarcadero station. Then it's an easy walk to the tourist attractions or you can take the street cars for $2 each way. You don't have to worry about parking or traffic. You can also drive to SF. The hotel has easy access to I 880. You can take the bay bridge to SF. My wife and I did it both ways and it was perfect for us. The hotel itself was a typical Courtyard. Nothing fancy but it was very clean and comfortable. The staff was probably the best and most friendly staff I have ever came across at any hotel. They went out of their way to speak to us. Overall it was a great experience at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I arrived around 4pm to check in. Traveling with my infant son they were very accomidating with providing a playpen with the "marriott' slip covers. My only negative is it would have been nice if they set up the playpen for me, I had to assemble.
The front desk staff was very helpful. I wanted to return my rental car the night before my flight so I didn't have to deal with it really early. They picked me up right outside the rental car location. Then I used the shuttle service again to get to the airport. The shuttle was clean and both drivers were so nice and helped me with my stroller and bags.
The room was clean and the bathroom was clean. The carpets maybe need an update but other than that I was very happy with the room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

AWFUL AWFUL EXPERIENCE! I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and the Courtyard had a biker gang staying with 40+ Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The noise was DREADFUL! The bikers decided to start these loud machines all DAY AND NIGHT and let them idle in the parking lot with the music blaring for 10, 20, even 30 minutes. I EVEN HEARD IT AT 3 AM. UNACCEPTABLE!

The bikers also blocked the sidewalk adjacent to the lobby entrance with their bikes "so they can keep an eye on them" as told to me by the front desk clerk. I called the front desk several times to complain about the noise in my room and the front desk staff was indifferent. Their best answer was; "the bikers are leaving for a rally soon and the noise will go away". At checkout I complained again and the clerk only offered me some extra frequent guest points. THE HOTEL STAFF DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE GUESTS!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends