“Good all around ”
Review of Fat Lady

Fat Lady
Reserve with OpenTable
Fat Lady is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,438 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Late dinner (8:30) after picking up couple at OAK and fairly low key atmosphere, with somewhat too loud jazz music playing. Needed flashlight on iPhone to read the menu. Enjoyed the Mediterranean chicken and sea bass, house salad excellent. Cocktails imaginative. Service attentive.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 10, 2018

expensive but good value. great food, good service (at least from the bus boy and the ancillary staff the waitress was awol). food was great and good value. probably better if you have a reservation.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Made reservations by calling , for some reason, open table did not work, no problems about 4 days prior. Food was excellent, we ran a gamut of dishes, two had crab and avocado omelets, one denver omelet, and I had warm spinach salad, forgot what last person ordered. We went there for weekend brunch based on TA reviews. Parking can be a problem due to being in Jack London Square. Place was all decked out for Halloween, nice to see restaurants get into spirit of things. Everybody loved their entrees and service was very good.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Stumbled onto this restaurant while wandering around Jack London Square. We were drawn to the sound of great blues music (not live) while we were walking nearby. Stepped inside, and we were immediately drawn to the eclectic and hilarious Halloween decor ... it seemed like it'd be a fun place to eat dinner, so we got a table and settled in. Husband's martini was excellent--a local vodka (Marin County?), and my glass of chardonnay was tasty as well. Each of us got a bowl of the French onion soup, which was quite good. With a salad and french fries, we had a delicious dinner while grooving out to the great selection of blues music filling the space. Highly recommend for a fun, affordable, and tasty meal!

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I was in the mood for eggs Benedict for breakfast and was excited to give this location in Jack London Square. I got there when they first opened at 9 AM on Saturday and ordered two of their classics: The chili bloody Mary and their crab cakes Benedict. Service for the drink was quick and it was a 7/10; A little watery and 90% full. It took 35 minutes to get the eggs Benedict but it was well worth the wait. Eggs were poach perfectly, the Dungeoness crab was tremendous and the hollandaise sauce just complemented everything, light and flavorful, a 9.5/10. The homemade potatoes were seasoned well and if people weren’t sitting around me I would’ve licked the plate clean. I had to share a few pictures of the inside of their decorations for Halloween. They close the restaurant for three days to put on this beautiful presentation and it’s definitely worth a visit to see. I’m told by the bartender they decorate for Christmas so it would probably be worth a stop to also see. I would not be in any rush if I went there to eat so plan accordingly.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Fat Lady? Share your experiences!