“Our evening at Soi 4”
Review of SOI 4

SOI 4
Reserve with OpenTable
SOI 4 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,354 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2017

The waiter made excellent suggestion regarding the menu and the food tuned out to be so tasty. Add to this good and friendly service

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Always good, always good service, always lovely, always affordable. Very interesting cuisine, not your average Thai. Very inventive. Very fresh. Just plain good. Full bar with good cocktails.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

The dishes I tasted were very good and had just the right amount of spice for me. My husband couldn't eat some of the food, so I ate it all (actually I took it home. ) There is a very good dessert that is a squash/custard combo. It may sound strange, but you have to try it.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

My husband and I have eaten at Soi4 numerous times and always enjoyed it, so when we were looking for a place to hold our wedding celebration dinner we thought of it immediately. They have a mezzanine and we did not have a huge group (32) so it was perfect for us. (the maximum is 33) We found the manager Todd extremely easy to work with. He came up with the appropriate amount of each item based on our selection and it was pretty spot on. When we came up to the space the evening of the wedding day we were very pleased with the table layout. It was comfortable and people were not squished in. We had a separate table for the cake and some flowers. Most of our party had never been there before and they were very impressed. Every item was appreciated and commented on. Some saying it was the best wedding food they had ever had. And we had some people who had dietary needs and picky tastes. The food worked for everyone. We brought our own bottles of wine and bubbly and even with the $15 corkage fee it was all reasonable. The dinner stayed within our budget, and we had a lot of great food! This was an exceptional way to end the day. We were even allowed to stay beyond our allowed time, we were having so much fun we didn't notice it slip by. Our friends wrote a surprise song for us and everyone sang along. I hope we didn't annoy the patrons on the bottom floor. This really was probably the most fun wedding celebration I have been to (I might be biased, but hey). We can't say enough about Soi4. If you have a celebration coming up check with Todd to see if he can accommodate your date and then enjoy. And if you just need a great place to eat then stop by for that.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

My daughter and I were wandering through the RockRidge area, thought the restaurant was cute and stopped in for lunch. An excellent experience.

The restaurant is cute and clean with a light airy feel. Service is superb - water glasses quickly filled, wine appearing in short order, orders taken promptly and the meal arriving in a reasonable time frame. But the real winner is the food - I ordered salmon with vegetables and it was the best Thai salmon I can recall. My daughter's chicken dish was equally delicious - well prepared and served attractively.

A great find in the RockRidge area - we will be back!