“Wonderful Pizza”
Review of The Star on Grand

The Star on Grand
Reserve with OpenTable
The Star on Grand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,438 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mandana
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While pricey, I think this pizza is superb. The little gem salad is also great. Every time it is wonderful and I love the deep dish.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 7, 2018

I haven't eaten deep-dish pizza in years, because around her, people put up with a half-inch of dough and a measly amount of sauce and stuff.

Then my wife suggested The Star. I'd passed it a number of times, but didn't know what they make there.

Just the most scrumptious, delightful, fully-packed, totally too sloppy to pick up, deep dish pizza. Yep, they have a lot of other stuff, but on two visits, we HAD TO HAVE that pie!

And oh, BTW, friendly, helpful staff, reasonably easy parking, good hours, nice decor, and a full bar.

I'd love to hear what some Chicagoans think. For my $$$, this is one of the best pizzas, of any type, in the Bay Area. In fact, we're taking some friends tomorrow!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Family friendly, won’t break the bank, attentive servers, good drinks. Go for pizza but also check out their salads, veggies and sandwiches etc. we shared their July pizza - goat cheese, tomatoes and other seasonal veggies it was fabulous. Cauliflower side and peppers also delicious. Good wine pricing and overall a place to return to.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We were supposed to have a friend's birthday dinner at The Star on Grand, but at the last minute plans were changed. However, I had already activated my 'pizza taste buds', so my friend and I decided to pickup a pizza on our way home. We ordered the 'Italian Combo', which was a good pizza.

We would eat again at The Star.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

This is a great neighborhood restaurant which has parking. Thin crust, thick crust, gluten free crust with fresh additions.

Date of visit: July 2018