“A short trip to Chaina !”
Review of Chinatown

Chinatown
Ranked #14 of 128 things to do in Oakland
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Great market,all the fresh fruit and vagatables.
So many choices for restaurants,shopping and otentic drinks.

All reviews
"garage parking"
"pot stickers"
"spent several hours"
in 2 reviews
"the fortune cookie factory"
"bao"
"culture"
in 9 reviews
"housewares"

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Must go to Angel Feet Reflexology..
I was in desperate of a massage and I found this place on Yelp. Lucky me I am in Chinatown. I called and the lady said can you come right now. I was like on my way.
Well I had to make a stop at the front desk so my on way was a little delayed. I get a call asking was I still coming. Yes ma'am I am truly on my way.
I get there my cell phone was dying she asked, "Do you have your charger?" I said "Yes". She says, "Give it to me so I can plug it up to charge while you get your massage."

Now that is customer service.
I got my phone charge completely while my body was being taken care of. The masseuse was excellent very polite and always as was I ok and did I like the massage hard or soft.

I got up after my massage and I was happy as can be. I felt like a new person.

Now the story doesn't there. I was starving before I got the massage, but I wanted my massage before I ate. So I ask the lady where to eat. She directed me to Ying Kee Restaurant. So I went and ate there.
The food was excellent, service ok, and ambience not all that great, but it is China town.

So it was a great day to be in Chinatown.

1  Thank TravelalotDes
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Lots of restaurants and stores, Less of a tourist trap than S.F.Chinatown, Not worth going out of your way to see unless you are in Oakland anyway and need a place to eat.

Safe in the daytime, near the Civic Center and Business district.

Paid parking near by.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

O.k. I stretched it a bit, it is only like Hong Kong on the weekends. Waiting lines for the Tim Sum restaurants, sharing tables (sometimes if you want to eat). Streets crowded with people. Vegetables displayed on the street outside the stores. Trinkets galore on sale. Just plain fun and with all the food and drink vendors full-filling!

1  Thank randym133