Review Highlights
As soon as you see the street signs you're in another world

Lots of people mulling around. There are lots of produce stores with different types of produce... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Twinoakmom
Pleasant Hill, California
A Real Neighborhood

It may not look like it because of all the traffic, but this is a real neighborhood with apartments... read more

Reviewed August 21, 2018
Thomas V
Oakland, California

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Oakland
from US$97.50
More Info
from US$69.00
More Info
All reviews dim sum dumplings chinese new year san francisco grant street renaissance plaza chinese restaurant chinese medicine great place to shop pho restaurants galore great shopping public library place to eat easy parking oakland museum grocery
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Boy this Chinatown is big. Chinatown in San Francisco seems relegated to Grant Street, but Oakland's covered at least 3 streets for 5or 6 blocks. It also seemed more authentic than any Chinatown I have seen. Shops selling dried herbs, fruits and everything that might be seen in stores in other parts of town with one exception..no hairspray.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Great market,all the fresh fruit and vagatables.
So many choices for restaurants,shopping and otentic drinks.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Must go to Angel Feet Reflexology..
I was in desperate of a massage and I found this place on Yelp. Lucky me I am in Chinatown. I called and the lady said can you come right now. I was like on my way.
Well I had to make a stop at the front desk so my on way was a little delayed. I get a call asking was I still coming. Yes ma'am I am truly on my way.
I get there my cell phone was dying she asked, "Do you have your charger?" I said "Yes". She says, "Give it to me so I can plug it up to charge while you get your massage."

Now that is customer service.
I got my phone charge completely while my body was being taken care of. The masseuse was excellent very polite and always as was I ok and did I like the massage hard or soft.

I got up after my massage and I was happy as can be. I felt like a new person.

Now the story doesn't there. I was starving before I got the massage, but I wanted my massage before I ate. So I ask the lady where to eat. She directed me to Ying Kee Restaurant. So I went and ate there.
The food was excellent, service ok, and ambience not all that great, but it is China town.

So it was a great day to be in Chinatown.

1  Thank TravelalotDes
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Lots of restaurants and stores, Less of a tourist trap than S.F.Chinatown, Not worth going out of your way to see unless you are in Oakland anyway and need a place to eat.

Safe in the daytime, near the Civic Center and Business district.

Paid parking near by.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

O.k. I stretched it a bit, it is only like Hong Kong on the weekends. Waiting lines for the Tim Sum restaurants, sharing tables (sometimes if you want to eat). Streets crowded with people. Vegetables displayed on the street outside the stores. Trinkets galore on sale. Just plain fun and with all the food and drink vendors full-filling!

Date of experience: August 2017