“Dim sum and other delights”
Review of Chinatown

Chinatown
Ranked #16 of 127 things to do in Oakland
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Dim sum and other delights bring me back to the Oakland Chinatown. The food is authentic and the shops carry food items that are difficult to find. People are friendly and helpful.

All reviews
"renaissance plaza"
"chinese medicine"
"spent several hours"
in 2 reviews
"the fortune cookie factory"
"bao"
in 10 reviews
"trinkets"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2017

There are many markets and shops-- including restaurants. I really wanted to go to the museum/cultural center, but it was closed, both on Sunday afternoon and on Monday. The restaurants were numerous, and most were so authentic as to barely offer menus in English. I enjoyed the busy energy, but would have appreciated a little more context to what I was seeing-- either by touring the museum or with increased signage. That being said-- this is a real Asian community-- not a tourist attraction, so they may have all the tourists they want... It was a fun diversion, but left me craving a bit more info.

1  Thank KimT_6294
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Boy this Chinatown is big. Chinatown in San Francisco seems relegated to Grant Street, but Oakland's covered at least 3 streets for 5or 6 blocks. It also seemed more authentic than any Chinatown I have seen. Shops selling dried herbs, fruits and everything that might be seen in stores in other parts of town with one exception..no hairspray.

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Great market,all the fresh fruit and vagatables.
So many choices for restaurants,shopping and otentic drinks.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Must go to Angel Feet Reflexology..
I was in desperate of a massage and I found this place on Yelp. Lucky me I am in Chinatown. I called and the lady said can you come right now. I was like on my way.
Well I had to make a stop at the front desk so my on way was a little delayed. I get a call asking was I still coming. Yes ma'am I am truly on my way.
I get there my cell phone was dying she asked, "Do you have your charger?" I said "Yes". She says, "Give it to me so I can plug it up to charge while you get your massage."

Now that is customer service.
I got my phone charge completely while my body was being taken care of. The masseuse was excellent very polite and always as was I ok and did I like the massage hard or soft.

I got up after my massage and I was happy as can be. I felt like a new person.

Now the story doesn't there. I was starving before I got the massage, but I wanted my massage before I ate. So I ask the lady where to eat. She directed me to Ying Kee Restaurant. So I went and ate there.
The food was excellent, service ok, and ambience not all that great, but it is China town.

So it was a great day to be in Chinatown.

1  Thank TravelalotDes

Been to Chinatown? Share your experiences!