“if you like noise this is your place”
Review of Plank

Plank
Ranked #175 of 1,436 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have only visited once and the noise from the bowling alley the beer garden and the crowds were just too much we just had one beer and leftThe young under 30s were having a ball! just not for me

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Right on Jack London Square. Fun place to hang out. Outside seating. Lots to do. Bowling. Video games. Bocci ball. Cornhole. The food was good. Dietary restrictions limited me to a salad, but it was very good. My lunch partners enjoyed their food as well. Service was good. Desshane took very good care of us and she was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

A group of us visited Jack London Square during a July 4th street fair, and we were in the mood for a cold beer. Some outdoor tables at Plank fit the bill, and we were lucky to find a spot on such a busy day.

They have a nice selection of draft beers and wines, as well as specialty cocktails. We also shared a huge plate of delicious nachos (suggestion: opt for the chicken or carnitas - it needed the meat).

Service was good on such a busy day. Prices were reasonable. The outdoor scene was very pleasant that day.

2 thumbs up!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

12 waiters standing around and ignoring us for the first 10 minutes was a bad start. We finally flagged a waiter down. Dirty sticky table. When 2 tables that arrived way after us both got served drinks and food before we saw a glass of water. We walked out after ordering. It’s quite obvious the management has nooooo idea how to run a restaurant. Avoid at all costs. I should have listened to the previous reviews and moved over to the Forge down the block.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

we were in town for a concert and wanted a restaurant in Jack London Square. we had many options but wanted to try Plank. we entered the restaurant around 5p and waited at the stand to be seated. the hostess could not have been less interested in us. she didn't ask if we wanted inside or outdoor seating. she placed us inside and there was not one other table of diners in the house. we waited for 6-7 minutes and a server came with water and we never saw her again. we picked up and moved outside. it was much busier outside. we found seats at the bar and waited 20 minutes for someone to take a drink order. I ended up going to the inside bar to get cocktails and still got back before anyone approached my companion. we asked several time for help and we told that among the 4 people behind the bar, only 1 could take our order...when we finally were able to place an order for food, there was no apology, no interaction, not even a hi what can I get you....completely rude and horrible service. sorry to say when the food came it wasn't any better. We both ordered bahn mi sandos and they weren't even close to being good. my side was jalapeno slaw that had absolutely no flavor at all. the place looked like so much fun and we weren't there for the games but the service was awful and the food was just soso...I'll never go back there. sometimes a place gets super busy and you have to wait, but when that happens people are usually super nice when they do get to you. not the case here...we were clearly bothering them. there were many other choices in the Square, I suggest you try one of them.

1  Thank MauiMama_9

Been to Plank? Share your experiences!