“The food is as good as it gets”
Review of Pizzaiolo

Pizzaiolo
Ranked #78 of 1,424 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2017

The food is incredible and service is very good as well, they just don't like you to stay too long so they can flip the table.
It is pricey but considering that they make everything and the ingredients are top notch it is totally worth it.

Reviewed June 3, 2017

The small food menu offers quality and tasty options that will satisfy your palate!! The only disappointment is in regards to the Mozzarella Di Buffala was only 4 small slices of mozzarella and I can guarantee that it was NOT the orginal creamy Di Buffala...
That dish was quite pricy for 15 or 16$ knowing it's just a basic mozzarella cheese that you will be served and I did raise my comment to the waitress about that.
The rest of the food was very good and served at the right temperature. The pizza was crusty rich in flavours served with the mount of right ingredients and that is the same for the gorgonzola polenta that I wanted to taste... Thank you!

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Excellent bread. Wonderful very delicious pasta dishes. We had the tagliatelle with morels as well as the rigatoni with pork Ragu. Pizza was good but a little soggy...I had the margarita. You pay extra for the bread and if you bring your own wine it is $22 per bottle for corkage. But the food is excellent. This is a place I love but not without its flaws.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

We were there for a wedding dinner - the bride and groom had booked the entire place. Without a doubt, the best food I've ever had, and probably ever will have, at a wedding. The pizzas that were passed before the meal were all good (thin crust, nicely charred); the one with squash was outstanding. For dinner, the short ribs practically melted on the plate, the polenta was excellent, and the Tokyo turnips could turn a carnivore into a vegetarian. Service was very professional. My only complaint: were were seated towards the back of the front room, near the wood oven, and it was stiflingly hot.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely family dinner. We started with the arugula and frisée salad with almonds - expected to share but it was small, though delicious. We also got the mushroom appetizer, the cream sauce was excellent. We ordered two pizzas: rapini with sausage and tomato/ricotta/mint. Both were great but the ricotta had more flavor. Pizzas are thin and about 12 inches. I think they're plenty for personal size or to share if you order an app or second entre.
It can get crowded so make a reservation. The waitress was ok but the bus boys were friendly and attentive so they made up for it.