“Airport Shuttle,Worth the price of the room”

Quality Inn Oakland
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Chicago
“Airport Shuttle,Worth the price of the room”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We were flying from Chicago to Hawaii,so we needed a room with an airport shuttle for one night.The rooms were clean but small.The airport shuttle had great running hours.The breakfast was included in the room price which saved us a lot of time,somewhat limited selections but easily accessible.The shuttle from and to the airport and the breakfast was worth the price of the room.I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for being our guest and sharing your thoughts. We enjoyed having you at our Inn and look forward to see you soon. Warmest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 4 May 2012

The hotel I booked through Travelocity so it was one of those secret hotels....it turned out to be pretty cute. We got checked into a smoking room, my mistake, I didn't ask for a non, but upon arrival back to the front desk, they had us changed over and we incredibly helpful. There is three floors with elevator. The rooms have a small fridge and coffee maker...no microwave. The free wifi is great....It seems to be pretty busy but reasonably quiet.
We took a walk down to the bus stop and then a 2.00$ bus ride to the Bart transportation. Took a cab back from the Bart and it was only 6$, and he dropped us off right at our room.
The BART is really reasonable, we paid 15$ or so for return trip to Powell station right on Market street downtown San Francisco...20 mins it too us to get there and back...
Walmart is only 1/2 mile away and there is a Dennys, and some other place really close by...
I would maybe recommend a small microwave to pop some popcorn.
Pool and hot tub, but they close at 9pm...which is pretty early since we didn't get back from San Francisco till after that we didn't get to us them....

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for non smoking.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaniem
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to write. I am very sorry about the room mix-up. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit. Best regards.
Ash Fork
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I needed a hotel for one night that had free shuttle service from the Oakland Airport. I wasn't expecting much since the room was only $75 for the night. WOW! I was presently surprised . Great staff, comfortable beds, and clean modern rooms.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Onegirlashfork
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for staying with us. We at Quality Inn greatly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you soon. Best regards from our team.
Northern California
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Room prices in the Oakland Airport area have gone up over the past year, so we thought we'd try the "recently renovated" Quality Inn on the East side of the 880 freeway. The reviews were pretty good, but personal experience wasn't so great. We had a majorly loud argument over money between men outside our door in the middle of the night which we feared would result in gunshots--but fortunately didn't. The room was pretty clean, but worn looking, and the television was old and had a very poor picture. The breakfast buffet was just OK. We left our car there for 5 days, and worried about it the whole time we were gone. We're used to a better, more secure situation, and won't be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wally S
Dear Guest, We appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts. Based on your feedback are constantly working to improve our performance. We at Quality Inn, pride ourselves in providing a safe, clean and affordable accommodation to our entire guests. It is unfortunate that someone was arguing in front of your room, but occurrences of such nature are not a common phenomenon at our hotel. We always ensure guest is safe and comfortable at all times. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for patronage.
Merced, California
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The room was quite clean unlike my last stay in Oakland. My only issue was a difficulty in finding adequate parking near my room. I really disliked their parking situation.

The furnishings in the room had a little wear and tear and the bathtub was plastic but I would stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jarrod V
Ukiah, California, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed at the Quality Inn in Oakland 3 times and all three times had a horrible night's sleep. The maids are up throughout the night cleaning (i'm guessing) loudly! At one point I was awoken to the sound of them watering the dirt. This last time we stayed we were close to the elevator which the staff use to move the laundry from floor to floor and about every 10 minutes or so I would wake up to a loud bang sound. The elevator doors, I think. This started roughly around FOUR IN THE MORNING. I will never stay there again. When I let the front desk lady know that it's happened all three times I've been there she just asked if I had complained about it the other two times I stayed... and that was it. I'm surprised there are not more people on here complaining about the noise. If you sleep heavy, then maybe you'll be ok staying here, otherwise, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Second floor and higher you may have a better chance of it being quieter. On the ground you will be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Point Reyes Station, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Clean, comfortable, close to the airport, safe and shockingly quiet.
I judge how clean a hotel room is by how it look when you take a bath. Many rooms look good, until you look from down low. My room (#112) was clean. Not just clean, take a bath clean.
Sheets were comfortable and the room was quiet.
Was it fancy? Heck no. Still the room had everything I could want and a little more. Great (free) WiFi, coffee maker, microwave, even room service. Where do you get all that for this price?
Plus, the check in staff (Laura) was friendly and helpful.
I'll be staying here for all my future trips.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business