See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 11, 2018

This hotel was probably nice when it was first built. It's clear that this hotel has not been kept up through the years. One of the elevators wasn't working, there are always strange smells in the halls, lights were out outside the front door and the parking lot was full of trash and homeless people. The beds in this hotel are hard as a rock!!! The air conditioning in our room didn't work well and the hotel must have known that because there was a box fan in our room. The vending machines must not be refilled often because the options were all empty when we attempted to get a drink.

The area around the hotel is bad and we got approached by multiple homeless people in the two days we stayed there. There is a large train that passes right in front of the hotel at multiple points in the day. They blow the horn every-time they pass (even at 4am).

We reserved this hotel because it was 75% off on travelocity. It wasn't worth what we paid. DON'T STAY HERE!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2018

This was by far the worst place I've ever stayed at. The so-called renovated rooms are not clean, chipped furniture, no A/C (fan if you want one), never felt my car was secure in their parking lot, human feces under trees just outside the hotel; and the piece de resistance.....painted sinks and counter tops. Awful, just awful!

Room tip: Go anywhere else but here!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

In all my 40+ years traveling, this was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I literally wanted to check out but the city was sold out and I didn't come in until 8pm. Filthy and my room smelled. I can hand old, but I cannot handle dirty floors, walls, benches, chipped furniture. Huge red stain on the carpet. Unsure if it was from a murder or red beverage spillage. A/C broken and front desk offered no compensation. They did say it wasn't safe to leave my slider door open for fresh air. Ok now let's talk about the TRAIN running ALL NIGHT blaring it's horn. It was so load and jarring, I swear I thought it was going to come thru my room!!!! It was like "Cousin Vinny" but loader and closer. Do not EVER stay here. It's sad bcuz right across the street is the Lovely London Square with nice restaurants, Marina, etc.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Penny T
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Stay away!! This place is dirty, run down, its very obvious whoever owns/runs it has just given up. When you pull into the parking garage, the first thing you see is garbage and debris everywhere . It smells like piss. When you walk into the lobby you'll be greeted by the smell of cigarette smoke and a surly front desk manager. On the way up to your room you will ride up a rickety, dirty, creepy "hellvator" and step out to a dimly lit nighmareish hallway with layers upon layers of stains and grime on the carpets. And just in case you arent convinced that you have actually arrived in hell yet, the air conditioning doesnt work and the windows dont open in your room. Just please please don't waste your money on this place, save yourself because its too late for me.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Dilip C, General Manager at Jack London Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hi Angela.

Thanks for taking the time to put review on your experience at our Hotel. Yes, we are in a renovation process. We haven't given up and will never give up. We are in a transition phase and I make sure you will not have any complains in your next stay with us.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 11, 2018

No A/C. A fan was in the hallway when we got off the elevator. I knew it was going to go down hill from there. Wrinkled maybe not clean linen. Dirty baseboards and furniture. I immediately asked for a refund. I was refunded 1 of my 2 night stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple