“This place needs to be shut down!”

Oceanside Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 2 August 2016

The key to my room did not work, so once I got out, I would have to call the manager to open the door again for me.
The bathroom: blood stained towels, moldy shower stall, spiders crawling inside shower stall, the bathroom sink unit was detached from the wall, there were stains in the toilet seat and cover.
The room: the so called 'Deluxe' queen room had a semi-wall dividing the room in half, so that the half facing the parking was HOT, while the other half had the AC blowing freezing air right on top of the bed, making it too cold to stand.
Manager: completely undisturbed by the embarrassing conditions of the establishment.
I left without spending the night there. Could not stomach sleeping in those beds.
BTW: I paid $245.29 for this hell hole.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Mara G
oceansideinnca1, Webmaster at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

It had blood on the sheets and who knows what!!:( mold in the bathroom holes in the wall to the Next Room!! three layers of sheets over a peed mattress!! the floor was so gross there was a refrigerator in there that was off that smelled so bad!!...screen half off the window Black Walls when you walk in it was the grossest place!!...this place should be condemned and shut down! they left other people's stuff in the shower!! the towels were black weren't even white anymore!!wow it's gross the Health Department should be called in on this place I have pictures for 89.19 better off at a choice hotel! Never again very unhealthy!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
oceansideinnca, Webmaster at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure you that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

It is a nice hotel..not too fancy but I love how close it is in oceanside..my son loved the ocean ...the pool is very small so we didnt bother to go and check it out. The room is spacious. It sink and mini kitchen outside the restroom. The restroom is just a basic restroom. Small. Cleanliness: they didnt wipe the headboard. There was a mark of oil or something on there which is gross! The breakfast is blah!. Just muffin and basic breakfast reception: the lady whom help us is very nice. .

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
oceansideinnca, Webmaster at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you because of some housekeeping issues. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

this motel was just ok it was clean but very old, the bed was comfy the shower was good the wifi was free but not a very good signal, there is a good diner across the road if you are hungry, but not much else to do

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliet80
oceansideinnca, Webmaster at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

This room was gross and dirty, just walked on the carpet my feet were black! the place is run down needs paint, the doors were dirty from people touching them, the toilet seat was a cheap plastic that was all cracked and worn out.... for being charged 122.00 that is outrages! the sofa in the room was worn out and dirty, there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom, the blinds in the bathroom looked 20 yrs old once you put them up you couldn't put them down, the curtains were barley on the rod,and for a hot summer day the AC should have been on before we arrived instead the place was hot and musty smelling, when we checked out that same nite the manager asked why we were leaving really? he had to ask... the gazebo outside was falling apart. I would have rather wasted my money at a casino.... DON'T STAY THERE!!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms there
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 149alessa
oceansideinnca, Webmaster at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. I sincerely apologize that we let you down and assure that action is already being taken to make things better for the future. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We've never, ever, stayed in a hotel/motel this horrible.
Smelled of urine, some lights didn't work, it was dirty and run down!
The pictures on their website looked really nice! Thats the reason I booked a room.

Room Tip: not at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 391sandrao

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

Onsite manager told me there is nothing he can do and would not refund me. There was spiders ants and dirt everywhere. All the doors and appliances had black hand prints and look like they hadn't been cleaned in months. My 6 month old daughter got scolded in the shower and he told me my shower was fine. As a pawn the manager leaving my room he told me to ffffff off. Needless to say this is the worst place I've ever stayed.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Micah N
oceansideinnca, Webmaster at Oceanside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015