All reviews typical courtyard nice hotel small refrigerator walk in shower nice pool area would stay here again two queen beds front desk staff minute drive top floor a great stay easy access clean rooms room was large lobby elevator race
Reviewed September 5, 2018

The hotel is modern, well-maintained and pleasant. In my two nights there, the staff was helpful, and my basic needs were met. It's in a nice, relatively scenic area a bit far from the heart of Oceanside, but an easy enough drive to the main attractions. The in-room frig is small and can't hold much, plus it was not working properly when I first arrived; there was an easy fix with staff help. Also, the air system in the room was a bit noisy and inefficient. The bed and furnishings were fine, including a writing desk. I wish the hotel had more of a restaurant, but they do have some basic foods to order on a limited menu into the evening. There's no restaurant nearby. There was a major wedding event in the main floor ballroom/convention hall which was very noisy while it was going, but otherwise the hotel was quiet and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

After a bad stay at a local Springhill suites, we were so relieved to find a nice hotel like this one. The staff was amazing and the property was well-kept. We will definitely be back if we visit Oceanside again.
The front desk did an amazing job greeting us in the pool was extremely cozy. Just perfect.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

OK, its yet another box hotel... But this one has SUPER-friendly staff that actually cares about the guests. Yeah, its still a jack in the box hotel, but its clean, friendly and appears to be well run. Be sure to head to the bar in the evening... Liz is one of the most professional, yet genuinely friendly, bartenders I have ever had the pleasure of being served by. The whole staff is better than I expected from a franchise property, far better. This is a good, solid place to stay. (Beware the kids when there's a sporting event across the street!)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Remte
Scott H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear Remte,

Thank you for staying at the Oceanside Courtyard Marriott and sharing comments from your visit. We are glad you had a positive interaction with Liz and the other members of the Courtyard team. We will make sure they are recognized for their efforts to make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Oceanside.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My son and 2 grandchildren made reservation for a handicapped room for one night. When we arrived we were given a room with 2 queen size beds and no possibility for my son's wheelchair to fit in the bathroom. It took some time until we got a nice room on the second floor with 1 king size bed and a sofa Bed. The bathroom was spacious and easy for my son to get in and out. When he took a shower the whole room flooded, about 2 inches of water stayed on the floor. There was a sweeper in the bathroom but it was impossible to get the water out. My concern is the safety, my son is in a power chair and a Hairdryer was hanging on the wall in the same bathroom, someone could have gotten hurt. The water did not drain during the night, we gave up with the shower. I am 74 and my son in a wheelchair, we called the desk for someone to assist in making up the sofa bed, no one responded. It was the most uncomfortable night to sleep on a small hard sofa, and my son with 2 boys in his bed. Unacceptable, we will never stay there again. When I gave a report to management, I was told they were sorry and would inform the maintenance depoartment

Room Tip: Have barrier free rooms , request in advance and assure the water is draining
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Oceanside Courtyard and sharing feedback on the guest room from your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with the functionality of the room. Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate staff members to ensure this was an isolated incident that is corrected immediately. Thank you again for sharing your experience and allowing us the opportunity to make improvements. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the Oceanside area.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Sorry this was not a good nights rest. Even though this is a newer property and nicely maintained they’ve got some issues that need addressing. First off I asked for a room upgrade since I was traveling with my teenage son, unfortunately they only offered an upgrade with a $60 per night price tag! No thanks, I’ve been a Marriott rewards member for a decade this should have been offered without a charge if they had plenty available for the night. It certainly didn’t seem like a full house. The room was clean and adequate(other than the lack of another bed for my son). My main complaint was how uncomfortable the bed was. The mattress was awful the pillows were feathers and kept poking me all night. I woke up with a horrible pain in my lower back. On top of that our room was over the pool and apparently it opens very early because by 7am there was a rousing game of Marco Polo taking place. I’m all for family fun but screaming kids in the pool at 7am?? Literally I’m tired just writing this review. Worst nights rest for a steep price!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Oceanside Courtyard and sharing feedback from your visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the bed comfort and noise at the pool that prevented a restful stay. In regards to the pillows, we have both feather and foam pillows in each guest room. Additionally, we can switch out the feather pillows for all foam if preferred. As for the noise at the pool, we do ask our guests to observe quiet hours at the hotel from 10pm to 8am in respect of other guests trying to rest during this time. It’s unfortunate that other guests were making noise at the pool this early and it disrupted your stay. Thank you for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Member. We do our best to provide upgrades to our Elite members based on availability per the Rewards program guidelines. Please accept our apology that we were not able to provide a complimentary upgrade on this visit. Thank you again for sharing your experience and allowing us the opportunity to make improvements.