“Great Italian next to the harbor”

Dominic's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Dominic's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 436 Restaurants in Oceanside
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated on the water in the Oceanside Harbor, Dominic's is an ideal place to enjoy the sun, the boats, and a menu of Italian food. While Dominic's specialty is their hand tossed pizza, their entrees are very popular, ranging from New Zealand mussels sauteed with marinara sauce and tortellini al pesto to veal parmigiana and penne rustico. Dominic's pizza includes a selection of gourmet offerings such as roasted garlic chicken, Margarita , and Dominic's Special Pizza, as well as the create-your-own variety. Dominic's is open seven days a week from 11am. The beautiful harbor scenery is a charming addition to the food and drink, and people watching is always a great diversion.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The food here was amazing and we love Italian food and I am critical. It was very authentic. The ambiance isn’t exactly amazing but come here for the food...it’s really good. I got the chicken Fantasia and it was amazing, highly recommended. Oh and did I say the Clam Ciao-der? Wow. Definitely a must if you like soup/chowder.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 22, 2018

We hadn't planned to have Italian food at the harbor but once we walked in, we were hooked! The smell of the food and the atmosphere was great!

Our waitress was a little distracted and it took us a while to get water (had to ask 3 times). We noticed she had problems at other tables as well but working in the food industry I can understand that not every day is perfect. She was still very friendly and pleasant (and got our orders correct) so cutting her some slack (and tipped her well). The other waiters were extremely helpful to each other (and friendly to all).

The pasta was amazing! All 3 of our meals - spaghetti & meatballs, tortellini al pesto, and Penne rustico - were delicious. The breadsticks were yummy (would have liked more but I didn't want to fill up on them) and the caesar salad was delicious! It was Wine Wednesday so we bought a couple of bottles of wine at half price and were able to take the leftovers back to our condo!

Too full to order dessert (still had leftovers from dinner) but thinking about going back to tonight to try some. Gelato is flown in from Italy every week!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 11, 2018

I have been there several times, but made the mistake of going on a holiday weekend a few months back. An hour without our server and an hour and a half and still no food. On a normal day everything here is great.

Date of visit: September 2017
Tore T, General Manager at Dominic's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Wavslide J,

Sorry about your previous experience. We have taken into account past reviews and have made all the necessary adjustments to make it all streamlined. Thanks for your feedback and helping us better serve our customers. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I love the food and the atmosphere of this place. I have gone several times, and I have never been disappointed. I have tried a wide variety of items, and I haven't had any that I didn't like.

Date of visit: November 2017
Tore T, General Manager at Dominic's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We will save you a seat on our waterfront patio.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Ate at Dominic's and had a great experience. Service was good, food was delicious but a little pricey. Everything comes as an extra so be prepared to pay for the salads and such.
Great view of the boat harbor from the outdoor heated patio.

Date of visit: February 2018

We love hearing all feedback from our guests. I'm glad you had a great experience. We try to stay competitive with our pricing, but it's always good to know how our guests feel. We look forward to seeing you again soon, maybe for happy hour for some discounted drinks and appetizers.