All reviews fire pit parking lot basketball court full kitchen san diego one bedroom suite daily breakfast the sofa bed living area long stay pool area an extended stay room was spacious pizza place yogurt front desk staff great place to stay
Reviewed August 25, 2018

Enjoyed the hotel very much. Clean and inviting. Breakfast buffet was enjoyable. Pool is outside and comfortable. Hot tub/spa was the same temperature as the pool which was depressing. I like to relax in a heated spa, not luke-warm. A few places to eat right across the parking lot. Overall, enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Location is close to many attractions: the beach, the soccer field, shopping and even the Mission! Breakfast was nice and the rooms very clean and quiet. Marriott switched out shampoo and soap to up high fixed locations - thus children cannot reach them, management was fast to correct this corporate decision, and provided these items for the kids too. Good job!

Room Tip: I enjoyed a high room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I always base my reviews off of expectations and for the price and compared to other Residence Inns I have stayed at it was just ok but definitely not worth the price tag. If it was $125 a night I would think it was awesome but it’s pushing $250/night with tax. I would stay again if there wasn’t another option but for the price I realized I could find a vacation rental and be happier. I wish they would have just been as good as the other residence inns I have stayed at.

The good: front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and plenty of amenities. The one bedroom suite was roomy and nice for an extended stay style hotel. They have nice facilities with basketball, bbq and pool. The gym was not bad.

The bad: my biggest issue was the beds. The pillows were awful and worn down it seemed. I had a hard time sleeping which is never a problem for me. The hot water didn’t work well in the shower. Seemed like a valve issue and probably a room specific problem. The breakfast is really just a standard cafeteria mass produced style of your holiday inn types except less options. The cleaning staff came at 10am one morning and we asked them to come back in an hour after we left and she said ok but then asked if we really needed it cleaned and told us that it’s really hard to go up another floor and come back to our room again. We politely asked for her to come back and she obliged and the room was clean and towels refreshed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you for staying at the Oceanside Residence Inn and sharing feedback from your visit. We appreciate the positive comments that you shared about the staff and the facility. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with bed comfort and hot water in your guest room. We recently replaced all the mattresses and box springs in all guest rooms in the hotel and we are now in the process of replacement of pillows as well. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate staff members, so we can make improvements going forward. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to the Oceanside area.

Scott Hausknecht

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a flood in our home and we needed to stay somewhere close to home and that had a kitchen.
This hotel has Benin a wonderful surprise.
They are very family friendly. They have a pool, tennis court and basketball. It kept the kids very entertained and a great workout.
Breakfast was outstanding (which is included),
We also used the washer and dryer facilities, they even have a laundry basket in the closet to use. Ingenious!
We’ll be sending our out of town guest to stay at The Residence Inn.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mari R
Reviewed July 6, 2018

We stayed here while visiting family who live in the area. The hotel is located fairly close to stores and restaurants.The breakfast in the morning was pretty good, but did lack in variety. We had a two-bedroom suite as my parents were staying with my wife, my son, and myself. The setup was great as it allowed us to retire to our respective bedrooms whenever we needed to do so (very helpful since our 3 year old had a very early bedtime). All things considered I would stay here again. No real wows, but very accommodating for a family.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family