New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Hemet, California
“Romantic Weekend Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Had an awesome weekend in Oceanside. We walked the entire weekend down the harbor and all the way to the Jetty, The room was nice and the Managing attendant was very pleasent. I would recommend this Inn to EVERYONE looking for a nice relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OceansideHarborInn, Manager at Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. Our team continues to strive for improvement and most of all we will always look for ways to exceed our guest’s experience. We value you as a loyal guest and look forward to your next visit when in Oceanside, CA.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Show Low, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

My Husband and I were on a quick spontaneous trip. We had not made any reservations and was concerned what kind of room and rates we would get last minute in Oceanside. We came across a coupon and found Harbor Inn & Suites conveniently right off the highway. After checking in we sat out on the upper deck and took in some fresh ocean air in this quaint sitting area. Feeling revived we took off and found the Harbor so close with great shops and resteraunts. We returned to our room for a nice hot shower in a clean remodeled bathroom. Pleasantly pulled the comforter back to find clean, crisp sheets. They did not cut any corners on that bed. We curled up in the comforts and fell fast asleep. We were very impressed with the cleanliness , comfort, convenience and price. And this comes from a picky Executive Housekeeping Manager from a well know resort.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your continued loyalty.

Hemet, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is an older motel that's kept up fairly well,nice people operate it and it's a reasonable price for the location.Room was clean and so was bathroom/shower.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Pasadena, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed here for a race at Camp Pendleton for one night. This place had one of the best deals we could find. Last year I stayed at Motel 6 and was put off. For around the same price, this is a much better choice. The gentlemen who helped me book our stay and checked us in were very nice and even convinced us to stay in the 2 bedroom suite. My sister DID have a problem w/ the light in the smaller room. She couldn't figure out how to make the light stay off. Motion sensors would turn the light on every time she'd move. She didn't tell me this until the next morning otherwise I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out ;)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Oak View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

The owners were most accommodating. Location is walking distance to Oceanside Harbor with good restaurants & great coffee! Rooms are very inexpensive -- but don't let it fool you. It's very clean & recently decorated.

Room Tip: Choose room away from freeway.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the Harbor Inn and Suites. I am happy that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfasts, and internet.

I also want to thank you for the wonderful referral. We are always pleased when we are able to make a positive impact on our guests.

Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I was on a last minue trip - I didn't have a large budget. I chose to go with a Hotel that looked like a good/fair rate. I got what I paid for. A very old hotel. Management was nice enough. The room was o.k. - bed was not comfortable - carpet not clean - furniture very beaten up - the room would have benedited from a little Fabreeze. The FREE breakfast was two choices of cold cereal coffee milk juice fruit and danish. The Hotel was right next to the freeway - I heard traffic all night - again with just a little improvements like newer windows the place would be ohh so much better.

Room Tip: If you really need someplace fast and cheap - got for this one - but an additional 10-15 dollars wil...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

So my husband and myself, stayed at the Harbor Inn last Tuesday night. We worked all day. My husband said there is a place I stayed once before that is close to the ocean, with great restaurants. So we headed that way after work. He said oh, I think that is it but I thought it was a Travel lodge. Turns out it use to be, but changed to a Harbor Inn. The man at the desk actually remembered my husband. So we got our room, and let me say "ahw! so clean, very inviting bed; plenty of room to put all my girly stuff in the bathroom. Just really clean and cute. We showered napped, and then walked down the hill to a most beautiful sunset, dinner at my favorite restaurant (which the hotel manager has a coupon for a free appetizer.) Joe's Crab Shack. The restaurant is right on the edge of the water! And the cutest little shops along the dock. Fishing boats and great prices to, go out for a fishing trip. We only got to stay the one night because we had to get back to AZ. But decided we for sure will make this a place for a long weekend get a way!

Oh and also we had breakfast at the Denny's next door. Now I travel a lot. And I have been to many Denny's. I have to say it was the cleanest Denny's I have ever ate at. The service was awesome. And the atmosphere was excellent. And the skillet meal I got was awesome!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business