All reviews room was clean small kitchen check in was quick movie theater oceanside beach freeway pier
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Nice having the small kitchen in the room. The carpet in the room looked dirty, so it felt like you needed to leave your socks on. The windows were unlocked on my first floor room when we checked in. And locking them was a bit of a pain. Over all it was an ok place to stay. You can certainly hear people above and next door to you if they are being a little loud.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you for your review of your stay. We apologize for not living up to your expectations, and we appreciate you taking the time to provide specifics about the problems that inconvenienced you. Your valuable feedback will be shared with our team to make sure we are paying the proper attention to these areas. We hope you will give us another opportunity to prove we can do better on your next trip to this area

Hotel Management

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I stayed there for one night for my son's games in the sports complex, the room is okay but don't expect a hotel style, there are no ice machine in the hotel and when I asked for it the front counter told me there is a refrigerator in the room so we don't provide ice, well, the refrigerator was off when we got the room.
The shower head, get ready to be there at least 10 minutes under it to just get wet, there is no water pressure and forget body wash and shampoo, it would take you 20 minutes to get them off your hair and body.
then the bath towels are so small you can actually use them for the face and neck only.
the mattress, ohh is way too firm, and the blanket, I didn't think any hotel will still use these thin sheet style anymore these days and I travel a lot either for business or for my son's games and for pleasure.
the only positive is the rooms are clean.

Room Tip: get the north side rooms away from the freeway noise
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Although we make every effort to be perfect, sometimes we fall short. We will be reviewing our guidelines to provide a better experience for every guest entering our doors. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another chance to make it up to you on your next visit to our area.

Hotel Management

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Our room had "palmetto bugs" which are cockroaches. I will not recommend or stay at this place again. I was disappointed that there was also allot of foot traffic in and out of the back entrance of the building all night long.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Donna, please accept my apology for not living up to your expectations during your visit. We are sorry for the "uninvited visitors" you reported in your room. Our pest control provider has serviced the hotel, and we are working to ensure procedures are being followed to ensure proper cleanliness. I truly hope this unfortunate situation will not prevent you from staying with us again.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

This was my first stay at an "Extended Stay America." I did not realize the terms of this property, and if you have never stayed here before, you should know this up front.

There is no daily housekeeping. You are responsible to make your own bed (if you want it made), returning dirty towels to the front desk and picking up fresh towels (if you want them), and taking out your own trash.

The rooms are very basis and need an update. The tub in the bathroom is small and was dirty when I arrived. the kitchen area needed updates. Sink was dirty, refrigerator was dented. There are NO dishes, coffee maker, etc in the room. You have to request those from the front desk.

Towels were horrible. There was no fabric left! (My garage rag towels have more substance to them.) Towels were stained from previous guests. They need new towels!

My overal impression was that this was where the county/township may have put homeless people who had no where else to stay. You need to fend for yourself. Don't expect anything luxurious, don't expect service.

I was uncomfortable staying here. I did tough it out because there are very few hotels in this specific area where I needed to stay. I need to return in three months. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Check out the Courtyard Marriott - difficult to find, but it is there!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

We are sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations and that you were unhappy with our services and policies. Being an extended stay property our services are designed for guests staying seven or more nights, respecting their privacy of home-like living, so our housekeeping is done on a weekly basis, and we have linen exchange and kitchenware made available at the front desk. However, in response to your comments, we will ensure that our housekeeping team is keeping our facilities clean and fresh. We hope you will consider giving us a chance to impress you on a future visit.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

Stayed here with my wife and two sons. Rooms were way to pricey for the overall quality. Everything in the room was in disrepair - furnishings, outlets, provided pots/pans. Room smelled like cigarette smoke. The location is great, but unless/until this place is renovated I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

We appreciate your review. We are sorry your suite fell short of your expectations. We will share your feedback with appropriate individuals in our organization as we begin formulating plans for future renovations. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused and hope you will give us a chance to impress you on a future visit.