All reviews wine and cheese frittata tapas charming b b water features middle of town perfect location farmers market get away the main street love this place yogurt r r garden room a wonderful stay vanessa backyard
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have just returned from a trip to CA having stayed at 3 distinctly different yet wonderful properties. The Lavender Inn was delightful! We stayed in the Romantic Suite because it had a king bed. The room was spacious, well appointed, clean, and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom had a small balcony off of it that was delightful. It is an older home that has been beautifully restored and maintained so I would disagree with some reviews that implied it was not up to snuff. The Innkeepers were lovely, extremely helpful offering suggestions for things to do, restaurants etc. The breakfasts were yummy! These ladies can cook! One morning was eggs with polenta and fresh vegetables and herbs, the other a light and fluffy frittata. My husband and I certainly enjoyed the chaise on the front porch to read and enjoy the sound of the fountain, (both of us were lulled to sleep by it)! The gardens are beautiful, freeform and full of herbs and flowering plants. The backyard offers a large porch and also several seats tucked into the landscape where we enjoyed our wine and cheese in the afternoon. We both like to be active and found the shelf trail that was recommended a good way to burn off some calories and offer beautiful vistas of the entire Ojai valley. Walking to dinner every night is a treat and we actually went to the same place twice because it was so wonderful, sat outside on a lovely patio and enjoyed dinner made with fresh, local fish and vegetables. We walked around the Ojai Inn and resort, just to see what others had fussed about, and both said how much we preferred the comfort and coziness of the Lavender to the pretentious pomp.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EMCFairfax_Virginia
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I attended a wedding at Gridley Ranch and stayed at the Lavender Inn for one night. This was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast and I was pleasantly surprised. My room (Tree House) was clean, comfy bed, and had serene views of the backyard from two large windows. I shared a bathroom with another room, accessible from one door in the hallway. The Inn is walking distance to the parking lot where the bus picked us up to go to Gridley Ranch. Breakfast was also delicious and I enjoyed dining on the patio in the morning. Staff was friendly including the adorable dog. Great experience!

Room Tip: Tree House is a corner room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeachLadyinoc
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose the Lavender Inn for our Sons wedding and could not be happier with the outcome. Perfect location and walking distance to restaurants, shops and stores. The staff was incredible and accommodating. The property was perfect for our wedding with 90 guests and the fact that we could stay at the property, made preparation easy and relaxed. Breakfast every morning was delicious and the property is beautiful and relaxing. We would do this again without question and look forward to going back even for a weekend to relax and enjoy the quaint town of Ojai. A great value and the perfect location for a wedding!!!

Room Tip: We loved our room # 3 with a small balcony overlooking the garden and a private bathroom!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My daughter was recently married at the Lavender Inn and thanks to the wonderful staff, beautiful and comfortable accommodations, it was a wedding to remember! We booked the wedding venue for the rehearsal, wedding and reception. The wedding venue is located in a beautifully landscaped, enclosed yard with water features, trees, flowers and shrubs. You would never know you are in the center of Ojai, quiet and relaxing. We also booked the seven rooms within the Inn and the adjoining cottage. Basically, we had the entire place to ourselves and Beth and Vanessa made us feel as though it was our own. The mornings greeted us with wonderful homemade breakfasts, fresh squeezed juices, and hot coffee. In the afternoons the Inn offered complimentary wine and cheese. The Inn is conveniently located within walking distance of restaurants and shops. We hated to leave, but will certainly be back. If you are looking for a getaway that is just a short driver north of Los Angeles, a place where you can really unwind and relax, this is the place. You'll love it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Lavender Inn is one of the nicest places I ever stayed. The calm grounded atmosphere, the beauty of the land, the outstanding breakfast (Vanessa is a 5 star chef!), the afternoon wine and cheese buffet ... it is just a dream come true. The rooms are lovely, calm and I slept like a baby. It is my second stay at Lavender Inn and I will definitively come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business