“Convenient, clean and a good deal for Ontario!”

Rodeway Inn Ontario Mills Mall
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
A TripAdvisor Member
“Convenient, clean and a good deal for Ontario!”
Reviewed 11 September 2005

I had not read the tripadvisor reviews before staying at this hotel. Good thing too. I understand what they are saying but I actually thought the place was a pretty good deal.

I flew in late and their free shuttle picked me up within just a few minutes. The front desk person was very polite and answered a few questions I had about getting back to the airport. My room was non-smoking and seemed fine to me. I even did some laundry I had in my bag. Had a pizza delivered and watched some movies.

I slept fine and didn't notice any major noise. In the morning I got up and went to their breakfast room for some food and was pleasantly surprised with what they had. Coffee was great. I noticed the pool and jacuzzi outside and would have gone in if I had brought my suit. The weather was nice.

Overall, I thought the place was fine and the rate I got was a really good deal considering some of the prices of the other hotels near the airport. It is a freeway hotel with people coming and going. But, the place looked like it was in good shape to me. They had a security guard and I felt perfectly safe.

I do plan on staying here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Modesto, CA
Reviewed 12 July 2005

I wished I would have seen the other review on this motel before I got here. My comments would echo the other review and advise business travelers to avoid this spot if they are looking for better accommodations. Tourists will likely not find this location inviting either.

I arrived at the airport and phoned for the shuttle which never arrived. I called back and the motel operator said they didn't know where the shuttle was at and advised that I take a cab. They offered to pay the cost of the taxi and did follow through when I arrived.

Driving up to the location was a heart stopper. As the other reviewer stated "scary truck stop" location. I immediately tried to phone other hotel locations, but nothing was available for that night. I did manage to book other accommodations for the rest of my business trip. Interesting, but scary guests wandering around and no restaurants unless you want to grab some Taco Bell at the Truck Stop next door. I ordered in and moved all the furniture in front of the door after my order arrived. I settled in for the night. The "non-smoking" room smelled like someone had chain smoked a carton and there were burn marks on the furniture. The phone would ring with people looking for the previous guests who stayed in my room, which didn't ease my comfort either. Trucks are noisy so I ran the fan to help with the noise and with the smoke smell.

They did have free wi-fi access and that led me to Google and to learning about Trip Advisor. I will be using Trip Advisor in the future. Sorry I didn't know about this site before I got stuck here for the night.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank dcline
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2005

After missing a flight, I was stranded overnight in Ontario and lots of nearby hotels were sold out. I called this one thinking that perhaps it was near a shopping mall. When the shuttle came to pick me up, the driver didn't see me standing in the pick-up area near the terminal. A call to the motel revealed that the driver didn't have a radio or cell phone, so I wasn't sure if she'd be back around or go back to the motel. Fortunately she came back around a couple of minutes later and I managed to flag her down this time.

When we arrived at the motel I almost asked to be taken back to the airport. The motel is basically surrounded by semi trailer trucks, most of them stopped at a TA Travel Center. Is that what they mean by "mall"? I already felt seriously misled at this point. But I decided I didn't have to go out for food, having brought something I had planned to eat on the airplane, so I figured I'd be safe enough staying in for the night. I sure didn't have any desire to use the outdoor pool by myself (the "jacuzzi pool" was out of order).

Then the check-in clerk announced my room number while there was some guy sitting in the lobby. As a female traveler on my own, I felt my safety was compromised and will write the motel manager a letter about this.

My nonsmoking room looked clean enough but there were cigarette burn marks all over the place, and the place smelled pretty rank. I opened the window for a while, which again made me feel less than safe, but at least I managed to air the place out a bit before I had to sleep.

I was glad to be on the side of the motel away from the train tracks; the trains ran fairly frequently and quite close to the motel. I left the fan on all night and that drowned out the noise of the trucks constantly coming and going. I was glad I had earplugs as a backup.

In the morning when the cabbie came to drive me to the airport, he told me that the place had been totally remodeled after there had been problems with prostitution there. "The cops were all over this place," he said. I was glad I trusted my instincts and stayed in for the night, but as a fairly adventurous traveler in general, I resented the fact that I felt I had to.

In all, I would not recommend this place to anyone, and strongly advise independent women travelers to avoid this motel even if you are stuck in the area overnight!

• Stayed June 2005