All reviews marriott hotels yogurt close to the airport the check in process hot and cold items clean rooms business traveler free breakfast fridge and microwave business trip one night stay would definitely stay here again nice stay freeway property elevator corridor
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

A bit surprised not to see a fitness room at this Marriott/Fairfield especially in California with a high business acumen of wellness. Dedicating a single room at a minimum would be a benefit greatly appreciated and could justify a return visit, until then I shall look else where.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank martinaY3158FR
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2017

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apology for not having a gym. I understand how important it is to keep your fitness routine even when traveling. I hope you will accept our sincere apology and give us another chance to impress you.

Reviewed January 9, 2017

As a top level Marriott Rewards traveler I stopped staying at "Fairfield's" years ago, mostly as a result of the terrible breakfast choices they served. This Fairfield had a terrific breakfast selection including a variety of eggs and sausage, clean rooms and a wonderful customer oriented staff. Over the years I have learned to read the hotel reviews and make selections based on their recommendations. A previous customer said ask for a room away from the interstate highway side. They gave us a perfectly quiet Third floor room that was wonderful. This is an older Fairfield that has outside room access on the first two floors and inside access on the third floor. I was amazed at how well they made it work.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jyoung3381
Reviewed January 2, 2017

This hotel sits pretty much by itself in a business park near Ontario airport. It stays very busy as they have a lot of customers who are flying in and out staying there. This is one of the few remaining original Fairfield Inns and was built back in 1991. The facility has been well maintained and, with the exception of the exterior doors for the first and second levels, the hotel is as comfortable as any being built now. I recall staying in another of these original Fairfield’s in Savannah three years ago and the one in Savannah did not compare well to this hotel. The front desk team was super friendly and efficient and they know their job well.

Our room wasn’t spacious but it wasn’t as crowded and cramped as some the newer Fairfield Inn rooms are. There was no closet but there was a hanging area along one wall (similar to what a lot of European hotels have). They had space for a nice easy chair adjacent to the bed; which meant there was seating for two as there was also a desk chair. The internet was very good, particularly considering how full the hotel was. I got 8 MBps download speed. This compares really well to the Towneplace Suites I stayed at in Las Cruces NM where the speed was only 1.5 MBps with much lower occupancy.

We had a problem where the pocket door to our bathroom would not slide properly (I had to have my husband held me get it back open) and I called the front desk. They sent someone right away (at 8:00 p.m. on a Saturday by the way) and that person identified the problem but couldn’t fix it because the parts he needed were locked away. The front desk notified me immediately and offered another room. We declined as we felt it was too much hassle and just decided to keep the door to the bathroom open. The front desk agent offered 1,000 points of the hassle. It wasn’t a lot of points but I encounter so many hotels where the staff just says “sorry”. The gesture was much appreciated as was the quick response to the issue once it was reported.

Breakfast was as expected - not exciting but enough choices to get the job done. This hotel is certainly a good option for people who need to stay near the Ontario airport. The prices were also favorable.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2016

This was a lower level I think of the chain and older. Good location very close to airport, Friday's is walking distance as well as one or two other places. Good staff, decent breakfast but just an older, noisier, sort of worn out place. However I would stay there again as the location is suited for my trips there.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim N
Denise G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our staff and you will be returning when you are back in the area. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2016

Chloe - Stephanie and Kathy welcomed us with a smile at the front desk. The complimentary breakfast room is new and a good breakfast. The area is, safe, quiet and very pretty - I enjoyed my walk and surprisingly loaded with really nice birds [ ponds ] nearby. The Panda Inn next door - great Happy Hour and a fantastic menu. Don, at desk, allowed my family to enjoy the breakfast room in the evening to socialize. I always use TripAdvisor when I travel . I am the Author of " True Travel Tips " [ fcbk - youtube ] . I am a Marriot Rewards Member . Marriot delivers the goods.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family