All reviews marriott hotels outside entrance yogurt close to the airport hot and cold items the check in process floor room clean rooms business traveler fridge and microwave business trip one night stay would definitely stay here again complimentary breakfast nice stay freeway elevator
Reviewed April 18, 2017

I am a Marriott Platinum Premier Elite member and have practically lived eight years of my life in Marriott’s. This is the first Fairfield Inn that is so cheap, they wouldn't give me as a hotel guest more than one courtesy bottle of water given upon check in.

In addition, they are cheap and try to cut corners to save money at guest's expense.

For example, breakfast scrambled eggs are powdered, and they won't easily replenish when low. They figure there are probably not going to be anymore guests having breakfast, so they leave the remaining little bit of eggs in the pan to get hard. When you ask if they have more eggs, they say it will take a while because they make/nuke it.

This is the last time I will ever stay at a Fairfield Inn. I promised myself before not to stay at any Fairfield Inns however I figure I would try it one more time unfortunately am totally disappointed. They charge a lot for what you get as far as service, cleanliness and quality of food.

They don't have enough room cleaning crew, so they rush their cleaning crew, and they cut corners. The first time I took a shower in my room, the bath tub smelled like urine. (disgusting)

I am about to switch my loyalty to Hilton because it seems Marriott in general has gotten complacent and only care about their numbers and don't care about their customers anymore.

In summary, this Fairfield Inn reminds me of a 70’s Drive up motel. They have gotten cheap, service, quality and cleanliness of the rooms are getting worst.

Room tip: Higher floors the better
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tnfung
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay did not meet your expectations. We value your loyalty as a Platinum Member. Please be assured we have NEVER use powdered eggs and we are not low on cleaning staff. We hope in the future you will provide us your feedback during your stay so that we could have clarified any misunderstandings.

Reviewed April 17, 2017

Easy parking, well maintained, clean rooms, with fresh clean linen. Easy access to elevators and stairwell, And an excellent easy to communicate friendly professional staff!!! The breakfast set up is amazing , seats and tables plenty and you never feel cramped nor crowded, great selection of breakfast items too.

Date of stay: April 2017
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2017

Dear Carmita90670,

I understand how important a clean and fresh room is, in fact it is one of our guest promises to you. I was happy to hear we met this promise. I am glad you enjoyed our great selection of breakfast items. We look forward to your next stay with us in Ontario.

Reviewed April 14, 2017

This hotel is located in a pretty nice commercial/Industrial area of Ontario, only minutes away from the Ontario Airport.
This Fairfield Inn was the First Generation of it's type, built in the late 1980's.. At that time it was probably the place to stay.!
Fast fore ward to the present: The property is beautifully manicured.
Looking at the hotel, it is a 3 story building that looks very nice , but different then most other Fairfied Inns that I have stayed at. I could not put my finger on it, until I realize that all rooms are entered from the outside of the building, as they did way back when. it was more like staying in a motel.
Plenty of free parking.
The hotel lobby is small compared to other hotels. The elevator (1) `must have been a big plus in those day's.
The hotel staff were very nice.
Very nice pool area.
So, let's jump to the rooms. I suspect that all rooms in this hotel are pretty much the same. When I opened the door to room # 223, I was a surprised to see how small it was! I estimated the size at 30X15 feet- (this means that the more modern Fairfeilds have larger rooms and entering them from the inside of the building).. We had a king size bed that took up a lot of space.( it was comfortable enough) Looking carefully, I saw that they made the best possible use of any and all space for items such as a small refrigerator sitting below the micro oven that was next to the wash basin, then a a sliding door to the small bath room with toilet, tub and shower.
Well, if you like to hear the sound of jet aircraft landing at the airport you will be right at home, as you will be trying to sleeping under the approach path. ( I counted about 1 every 20 minutes- plus or minus a few) Hope you have a good rest!
O, yes, if you are on the north side of the building ( you can see and probably hear the constant hum of traffic on the # 10 freeway which may add to the jet noise)..
Other wise spend a little more then the $120.79 total a Sr. rate The price was right , however, stay else where for a good nights sleep, away from the airport approach path. It is well worth it in my opinion.
O,yes the FREE breakfast was nice served near the lobby until 9:00 AM.
24 hour shuttle service to and from the airport 5 minutes away.
Happy travels
Sydney Paul

Room tip: Don't think any room requested for least noise maybe be # 223 , (which maybe) the best you can do.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you feedback. I was so happy to read your good comments such as the, "property is beautifully manicured." Please accept my sincere apology for the room size and that you did not get a good night's sleep with the nearby airport. I hope you will give us a second chance to impress you.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

As we were attending a concert at the Citizens Business Bank Arena nearby that was going to go late, we decided to get a room to avoid driving late at night. We were greeted cheerfully and were checked in faster than any other hotel we've ever stayed at. Check in took no longer than 2 minutes from the time we entered the lobby until we had our card keys in hand. Our room, though small, was pleasantly appointed. We enjoyed the origami-style towel bunny hold a pack of peanuts in its paws. Cute! Everything was very clean. Nothing to complain about. The one minor annoyance was the black-out curtains on the front window did not fully cover the window by not sufficiently overlapping. You could see into the room from outside, plus the light leakage from that as well around the edges and bottom allowed light in waking us earlier than we had hoped to sleep in. I must add, though, the room was very quiet, so that was nice. The buffet breakfast was very nice, as well, with many wholesome and filling choices, including a cheery host preparing waffles to order.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2017

The folks at this property were very nice right on down to the people manning the free breakfast bar. But the property itself is pretty dated and kind of felt it. Not a bad experience if you get in late into the Ontario airport and want or need to stay close but I don't think I'd chose this hotel under all circumstances.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. Please accept my sincere apology for our hotel not meeting your expectations. We are a first generation Fairfield Inn. We hope you will give us a second chance to impress you.