“Pretty Good”

Fairfield Inn Ontario
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Friendly staff. Room on first floor. Nice pool, nothing fancy. Room average except that the bathroom pocket door extremely hard to close and we finally gave up. The refrigerator did not work and our food spoiled and water warm. Nice breakfast area and free Uber ride to airport. Older and dated but clean and comfy beds. Was disappointed that they would not give me Marriott points because I booked through Booking.com

Room Tip: Away from highway
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear how friendly our staff was and you were able to enjoy the complimentary transportation to the airport. Please accept my sincere apology for the fridge not working. Please be assured I have informed maintenance and confirmed it was an isolated incident.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had a terrible experience at the Marriott Fairfield in Ontario, California during our stay 6-15 to 6-17-17. Our vehicle (large SUV) was broken into in the Hotel's parking lot (third row of seats and miscellaneous property stolen) overnight, causing nearly $4,000 worth of damage and loss. This led to us having to drive back to our home in Reno, Nevada in a vehicle with not enough seating for our group of six (a safety issue), and obvious additional inconveniences after the trip.

The Hotel General Manager and Hotel staff washed their hands of any responsibility, telling us that their parking lot is a "public parking area" and Marriott Fairfield Ontario is not liable for any loss by their guests. While this might be technically correct, this was not a sympathetic or customer-service oriented way to deal with a guest that was just shocked by this type of experience.

While still at at the property (making a Police Report) we hoped the staff might help us (provide an extra night stay, offer us lunch, help with a rental car?), but we were only offered a "late check-out". When we returned to Reno and were in touch with the General Manager, we expected that some type of compensation (reimbursement of the Marriott points we used, or an offer to stay for free at some later date at this property) might be provided, but we were disappointed by the General Manager's response.

The Hotel itself has okay rooms, an okay breakfast and okay service (rooms are old school style where the door opens directly to the outside). We are just very hurt that the Marriott Fairfield Ontario didn't help us and come through when we needed them.

MH Reno Nevada

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your review. I hope you will accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced due to your vehicle being broken into. I understand how frustrating and disheartening it is to be violated like this. I also apologize on behalf of my staff, if you felt like they were disinterested. That certainly was not our intention. We did our best to accommodate the situation and help in any way that we could.
Again, thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry that someone did this.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The recent stay of some ten days, far from home, at this hotel was a great stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility is clean and well maintained. The location is very convenient and is over-all a very good value.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear LTCJJFOODIE,

It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. We work hard to make every guest experience an enjoyable one and I see we did that for you thanks to our clean and well maintained facility. We hope you come and visit us again, whenever you visit Ontario.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel provided a basic place to stay at a reasonable price. Room was clean and comfortable. Even left me some chocolates for being a silver elite member. Thanks! Staff were friendly at check in and check out.
Breakfast was good. Thanks for the little flavored coffee mate capsules. Those make any coffee taste decent. :)
I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Peter V,

Being a Marriott Rewards Elite Member we do our best to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. I see that we accomplished that from your welcome chocolates. We hope you come stay with us again soon to enjoy our good breakfast and friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Rooms are not overly large, but comfortable, except for the pillows (compressed too flat)--well insulated so don't hear the freeway noise--but the air conditioner was loud and not very effective. (Although it was 90+ degrees when we were there) Good breakfast selection, and complimentary rides to the airport. They did have a pool, too, although we did not use it. Desk people were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Cyndi F,

As a valued guest we appreciate your feedback and was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay thanks to our comfortable rooms, free airport transportation and good breakfast selection. I also want to apologize for the pillows not meeting your standards. I know how important it is to have a pillow that feels right. Please keep in mind you can always request new or additional pillows. I hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The check in process was easy and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again if flying from Ontario airport.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear hlwhite2007,

We try to make every guest experience at Fairfield Inn Ontario a memorable one. I see that we did this for you thanks to our easy check-in experience and friendly staff. I hope we get the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

This was my first time staying at this property. The area that the property is located is relatively safe and quiet. Room is standard; nothing special. Because this hotel is right next to Interstate 10, it can be rather loud with all the vehicle traffic. As the windows are not the soundproof type, the hotel provides disposable ear plugs to help you sleep. I had a decent night rest before a morning flight. Comparing this airport hotel with LAX hotels, the former is a lot better. The breakfast area in the morning was quiet with only a few guests coming in and out.

Probably the best part of this hotel is that it is a 5 minute drive to the airport parking lot and airport. There's not a whole lot of traffic around, unlike LAX, so coming in is a breeze.I stayed at this hotel for leisure but next time when I stay for business; I would stay here before an early morning flight.

Room Tip: Try requesting a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Brian 90212,

As a valued guest we appreciate your feedback and was happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. I was also glad to hear you enjoyed our location. We do have a quite side to our hotel that you can feel free to request on your next visit to Ontario. We hope to see you soon!