“Best Kept Secret”

GreenLeadersGold level
Upland, California
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I really enjoyed my 2-night stay at the Ontario Airport/Convention Center Ayres Hotel & Suites. The rooms are huge, with free wi-fi or ethernet DSL, extremely comfortable beds, small bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer a full breakfast free and lunch was very affordable. I live in town but stayed here so I could be close to business friends and acquaintances from the Leadership Success Summit at the Convention Center. I'm glad I learned about Ontario's best kept secret hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear LindaQbqRussell -

Thank you for your review of Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Convention Center and for helping to get the secret out. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing our guests have had a comfortable stay with us, no matter if they live near or far. I am pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities as well as the service as I am blessed to work with am amazing team. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Amy Delgadillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 28 January 2012

After spending several days at a conference at the Ontario Convention Center, it was a wonderful experience to be able to either walk across the parking lot or call for the shuttle to pick me up and bring me "home". Ayres Hotel & Suites was a pleasure each day with a fully prepared breakfast waiting each morning including coffee, fresh fruit, cereals and eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes or french toast.

Upon my return each evening, the desk clerk asked how my day was and even remembered my name....so delightful. The rooms are spacious and overlook a cute courtyard with a nice pool. The shower is great with plenty of hot water!!! The beds are like sleeping on a cloud; so comfy. The desk has a hookup for your laptop or you can go wireless and if you decide you don't want to leave your room, you can order room service from the cafe menu. There's also a mircowave and tiny fridge in the room. I loved visiting the cafe grille downstairs each night as it gave me a chance to visit with other guest. The staff was great. I enjoyed the wine tasting also. There's a workout room and the lobby has this huge fireplace to relax by.

Next time you're in Ontario, stay here....you'll be so glad you did!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor courtyard room.
Dear Kap714 -

Thank you so very much for your kind review. What a wonderful treat to learn how much you truly enjoyed your stay with us. I am so thrilled that the amenities and services were to your liking and that you felt comfortable and welcome, as that is what gives the team here at the hotel the most pleasure. We are hopeful that you will return soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Convenient to the airport and the Ontario Convention Center, it is our first choice in staying in Ontario for the Road to California Quilt Show. Recently redecorated, beautiful furnishings, comfortable lobby that makes you want to sit by the fire with a glass of wine, which is complementary Mon-Thurs. Breakfast is included and the staff always aims to please. We are happy to return year after year. The beds are comfortable, the shuttle will take you where you need to go.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear NadineInPhoenix -

Thank you so very much for your review of Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Convention Center. It is so wonderful to hear that we are able to host you year after year here at the hotel and you remain comfortable and happy to return. I am also pleased that our amenities and decor are satisfying to you as well as the team works very hard to provide the best for our guests. We are excited for your return during next year's quilt show. Hopefully you will visit us before then as well!

California
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The room was great! We had a jacuzzi tub. The 2 beds were separated with a wall for some privacy. The pool area was beautiful (nice greenery and furniture). Very close to Ontario Mills Mall for good shopping. Close to Corona where my son was wrestling. I was disappointed that I didn't have more time to enjoy the room. We'll stay there again!

• Stayed December 2011
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Packersfan -

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your kinds about the grounds and room. I will be sure to share them with my team so they know they are appreciated. We look forward to your return visit!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I spent a week at the Ayres Hotel [Convention Center]. The price was very reasonable, the room excellent, the restaurant food superb and its wait staff friendly and efficient, the room service was quick. I reserved a conference room for two days. Very comfortable and everything was prepared on time. The manager went way above beyond the call when I thought I'd lost some documents [turned out to be my fault]. Although I did not use the heated pool or hot tub I'm glad they were there. I had some same-day dry cleaning done for a reasonable price. All in all, I literally have no complaints and only positive things to say about this hotel and its staff. Very, very well done. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear Dnball -

Thank you so much for your review of Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Convention Center. It is wonderful to hear that your stay with us was a positive, comfortable experience and that we were able to prepare your meeting efficiently. I appreciate your comments regarding the various areas of the hotel and its amenities as we try very hard to ensure every element of the hotel, as well as our service, is to the highest standards. I will be sure to share your thoughts with the team and look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Petaluma
Reviewed 9 January 2012

It started with the shuttle driver and extended down to the maid who got me fresh towels, all smiles and helpful. The resturant was great from breakfast to the steak dinner. The whirlpool tub worked great and the room was spacious and the price was very competitive. The patio was relaxed and very plesant to take lunch in and the lobby is warm and comfortable with a couple of PCs available including a printer (n/c as is the room wifi). We walked to the convention center next door and the airport is 5 minutes away. I would recommend this hotel anytime your coming to this area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear James -

Thank you so very much for your kind review of our hotel. I was excited to hear that you were thoroughly satisfied with your stay. I have the wonderful opportunity to work with an amazing team of people, and I will be sure to share your comments with them so they are aware of your appreciation, Again thank you so much for your review and recommendation. We look forward to your next visit.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed for one night in this hotel at the beginning of January, 2012. We chose this hotel because we had a 4:45 PM flight out of Ontario airport. The hotel was close to the airport and offered a 3PM late checkout option (for a $30 fee) meaning we could relax somewhere other than the airport while waiting for our flight.

The hotel was conveniently located and easy to find. The pool area looked nice (although due to time constraints we didn't use it). The room was well equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

There were a couple inconveniences during our stay, meaning I cannot give five stars. Upon check-in our first assigned room, in this 100% non-smoking hotel, stunk horribly of cigarette smoke (to a degree which should have been obvious to any of the staff). We were reassigned an acceptable room after complaining. Also the alarm clock was set for 3:30 AM and went off then - a fully attentive cleaning staff would have turned off the alarm. Finally despite the late check-out, our keys expired at noon, and we had to walk all the way around the hotel (quite a hike) to get them renewed. All in all these are not major issues, and would not prevent us from staying here again or recommending the hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear TacoMel -

Thank you very much for your candid review of Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Convention Center. While I am thrilled that you were pleased overall with your stay, I do apologize for any inconvenience caused by the oversights you discuss.

Our hotel is 100% non-smoking and each guest is made aware of this policy upon check-in. If, however, a guest does smoke in the room, we have a rigorous cleaning process in place to be sure all odors are removed. I have presented the information you describe to the Executive Housekeeper and the room is being thoroughly cleaned once more. I have also discussed the alarm and key oversights with our team to insure against these occurrences in the future.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your future visits.