“Best Western SNA”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Orange
depressed30
“Best Western SNA”
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I usually live in Best Western SNA when I travel to OC.
The room is quite normal as the price is on the right
level. It should be a convinent place to stay for you trip
but not a cool, fun, and romatic resort.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 10 April 2006

While the room itself lived up to the standard Best Western quality I would come to expect, the employees were extremely rude. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, but if you do decide to stay here, I hope they don't lecture you for something you weren't even planning to do, with nothing to support their conclusions except their own stereotypes and assumptions.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2005

Plusses:
- ten minutes from Disneyland
- nice pool
- interior decoration looks upscale
- clean & quiet
- attentive staff
- supermarket, restaurant & Starbucks nearby

Minuses:
- very firm beds
- so-so continental breakfast

Overall:
- Very good value

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 March 2005

When we walked into our NON-smoking room, the first thing we noticed was the smell of old cigarette smoke… covered over w/ air freshener--- which, as everybody knows, doesn't work. The room was adequate, but the beds were very hard... ok, firm... but I did sleep surprisingly well on mine. Nice touch: 2 queen beds, so at least everybody had enough bed space (I hate "two-doubles" rooms).

The room was fairly small, but it was ok. Bring your own shampoo-- one tiny bottle of "conditioning shampoo" is all you get. Parking is typical motel drive-to-door type… Although this is a MOtor hoTEL, you can't park in front of your room if you're behind the pool-- ok, fine, except if you're there on one of the 12 days it rains in SoCal. I don’t mind taking a few steps, but there are no luggage carts, etc.

The bathroom was quite spacious, excellent water pressure in the shower, but we had to go to the office to get extra towels. Nice feature: the window opened up all the way (thank goodness, it really aired out the yuck smoky odor).

The desk is a tiny platform, not really big enough to work on, and no desk chair-- only a few regular dining-type chairs, too low to work comfortably. No easy chair (but there wouldn't be room for one). We were downstairs, and the ppl upstairs were LOUD until pretty late (after one a.m.)... I could care less, but there should be more soundproofing. I'm just glad that the ppl next door weren't feeling amorous!

Rooms have a fridge (but no m-wave), and free hi-speed internet (but most hotels are starting to figure out that guests need it, & offer this amenity). Rooms are clean and adequate, but nothing to write home about. The complimentary breakfast is coffee & a cardboard tray of costco danishes in the tee-ninesy lobby.

Because I was just coming up to bring my kid to an interview at a nearby uni, I was basically going to be in the room all by myself all weekend-- so I zipped on the net & found a nearby Hilton Garden Inn—for the same rate. So I moved myself out before checkout time, and am now in a bright, sunny, quiet, odor-free, roomy Hilton for the same rate I was paying for my dark smelly little hole. I wish I had realized that Garden Grove & Anaheim were in spitting distance of Orange.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
2.6 km away
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange

Been to Best Western Orange Plaza? Share your experiences!