“Awesome tamales!”

Add it.
La Poblana Bakery
Ranked #9 of 15 Bakeries in Orange
Reviewed April 23, 2016

Went in for breakfast and bought two pieces of pan dulce (sweet bread) and three tamales. Was not expecting the tamales to be as big as they were! Also the salsa was inside the tamales. I don't know if this was a regional thing but it was awesome! They were goey and very hot! Overall great food. I've had fresher gingerbread piggies and the sea shell shaped bread seemed a bit stale. But my experience was very positive. It was a small corner location so I did not expect too much selection.

Reviewed July 18, 2015

This place is very small, but the bread is excellent (conchas, elotes, empanadas, cuernos, picones, Mexican cookies, mantecadas - all great!). It has its own parking lot and it open very early and stays open later also. I have had their tamales and they are quite good! Other things they sell are pambazos and champurrado but because I can't afford those calories, I don't order them, but they seem to sell very well. There are a couple of tables outside, but folks mostly take everything to go. They also have Mexican style gelatin shapes, individual cakes (not cupcakes, these are little tres leches cakes). I also saw that they had decorated apples - I don't want to say they were caramel because I don't know for sure, but they were cute. Closed on Mondays. Great place I visit at least once a week.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Awesome tamales, fresh bread, kids love pan dulce, wife likes the menudo. Can't opine on the rest of the menu.

1  Thank socal787