“Must've Caught This On A Good Day Judging From Reviews”

The Lookout Bar & Grill
Ranked #114 of 325 Restaurants in Oxnard
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed September 11, 2014

My wife and I stopped in last Saturday afternoon for some beers and snacks. And, of course, the view. Not many people there when we arrived but more and more came in. We had our choice of tables on the outside so we were very happy with the view. It was great for people watching and boat watching. Neither the beers nor the snacks were "outstanding" but we didn't expect Ritz Carlton food or service. The beers were fairly cold and the glasses were cold. We ate fried Zucchini Sticks and fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks. These are simple bought foods they throw in a fryer but, that said, they were tasty. Our server was very quick and efficient and, all in all, had a pretty nice time. I got to watch my college team play on the TV monitor just inside the door.

An "excellent" for the view of the marina and an "average" for the beers and food. A "very good" for the service.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We love this place for it's wonderful view. There is no handicap access, but if you can climb the stairs it is beautiful. Why the one star? Service and the new owner. We arrived on a Monday after noon. As luck would have it four tables to the patio arrived at the same time. While we were the second to arrive. It really disturbed the bartender. He said the F bomb loud enough for all to here. We should have turned around and left, but the view was beautiful, the weather was perfect and I was hungry. We had bad experience from the previous owner and went on this date because it was under new ownership. When the bartender took orders from the table next to us he made his feeling known. Same with us. When he served the drinks he slammed them onto the table. My wife went inside to ask him why he was acting this way. He stated that the wait staff had not arrived. She said this was not our problem and would he like us to leave. He changed his attitude and apologized. My wife had to calm the next table down because the young man was really upset at the attitude of the bartender. I posted on Facebook where I was and that I was being served by a Jerk dressed as a homeless person. With booze on his breath.
He received a phone call near us and I heard him refer to Facebook and say yes boss. He became the worlds most attentive server, even massaging my wife shoulders. A little too much for me. The real server arrived and when questioned about the specials. she stated she did not know the menu. Looking at my post the owner responded saying that This never happened and I was the previous owners friend and was jealous. Then said I should be ashamed of writing false reviews. Well that takes the cake. He proved that the service will not get better, because the staff will follow his lead. Guess what the food was very good. The Boorish behavior of the bartender and the owner are not to be tolerated. I have lived in the area for 32 years and have many friends. They will all hear the story of me being called a liar. Shame he could have made this right with a civil conversation.

3  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for an early dinner. Great views of the harbor with outside seating. The food was bar food. I had the pastrami sandwich which I thought was very good. The service was good and the servers were friendly. If in Oxnard it is worth the stop.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The view was beautiful and relaxing. The brunch was good. Although, the brunch menus was a little limited

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Battered Mushrooms, Salad and burger! The view was great and everyone friendly. Will return next vacation.

Been to The Lookout Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!