“Look out………"for the food"!”

The Lookout Bar & Grill
Ranked #123 of 324 Restaurants in Oxnard
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

This place is to tired, the views are great, but anything good ends there. We went for breakfast and we would never return! The pancakes were hard, not sure how that happens, my wife and my potatoes were completely undercooked, her order came wrong and everything was swimming in grease. It's a shame, it really is a great location, but this is a dive bar that serves bad bad food.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Great place to have a drink and watch the evening sun go down and chat with people. The service was good but the food was just decent. bar food with burgers and things not bad just not great either. We would go back.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

We were going to go to Mrs. Olson's on Mother's Day, but the wait was 1 1/2 hours. No one wanted to wait so we walked into The Lookout Bar and Grill and we were seated immediately. There were plenty of other seats too. :(
I had the short stack of pancakes. There were 2 very small pancakes, about 4 maybe 5 inches in diameter. There was black pieces stuck to them from the dirty grill. I picked it off. :( again. My husbands well done hamburger (no pink) was red in the middle. He only ate the outside. We were there with 4 other people and they said it was OK. Six of us were there 5 had breakfast one a burger and the bill was $86. Definitely not worth it. Go somewhere else. Anywhere else really. Our glasses were empty for about a half hour. We finally asked for refills. It took about an hour to get our food and there was hardly anyone there.

1  Thank jackiekay
Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here for the first time in five years during a CA visit. Food here is terrible!! My wife ordered just a wedge said and our server responded "That's not a lot off lunch" How rude!! Looks like she came out of a trailer park btw. I ordered the steak sandwich with onion rings. Steak was poor quality, they put mayo on it (really?) and the onion rings had enough grease for every axel of my car. We only ate a forth of our meals. Even the wedge was poorly prepared. Dated, musty, old carpets and terrible bathrooms too. Shame since it was nice harbor views from its second story location. If you drive past this place, keep driving. Our meal should have come with a stomach pump.

Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

We went there on the evening of Parade of Lights so it was very busy. Only had a select menu for this day only but food was decent. I had the veggie burger and it was pretty good, my daughter got the kids cheeseburger and loved it although it was a little rare and my hubby got the clam chowder he said it was good. The waitress wasn't very friendly but it was pretty busy so im sure she was under pressure trying to juggle all the tables. We had a large party and had to rearrange our table twice to stay out of the way. Which was really inconvienent. Pretty affordable prices which is good considering other restaraunts around are not. Overall it was a good expirience and would like to go back and try their normal everyday menu.

Been to The Lookout Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!