“Sort of divey bar with nice staff and good food.”

The Lookout Bar & Grill
Ranked #123 of 324 Restaurants in Oxnard
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here on our way out of town while on a family vacation. It was a quick pick from google that we selected for the view of the harbor. The view is pretty great. Quickly realized it is more of a bar setting than a restaurant as smokers filled the patio and very drunk people stumbled around. We had our 4 year old so we were a bit alert but my husband and I aren't snooty and it never felt unsafe or inappropriate. The bartender was a nice lady that found some crayons to occupy our kiddo and she even made the smokers move away from us. There was a guy playing guitar and singing some classic rock. The food was pretty delicious. I had the french dip and my husband had the philly cheese steak and we both enjoyed it. I had white wine and the heavy pour was welcomed. Probably shouldn't bring kids here after dark but it reminded us of our mountain bars back home in Colorado and we liked it.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

We stopped by the Lookout Bar and Grill at the end of a warm February day. We arrived about 5:20 p.m., and went to the balcony patio outside the bar area. We sat there for 15 minutes and nobody came out to check on us or bring menus. My husband went inside and upon request was given two menus, each of which was missing pages. We decided we wouldn't order food, but still thought we might have a drink and went to the bar to see if we could get a list of beers and wines by the glass. It went something like this. "Do you have a list of beers on draft?" "No." "Well then, how about a wine list." "No."

That was the extent of it. No offer to tell us what beers are on draft or what wines are available by the glass. Just "No."

We left. The place was mostly empty, so the word must be out.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

This place is to tired, the views are great, but anything good ends there. We went for breakfast and we would never return! The pancakes were hard, not sure how that happens, my wife and my potatoes were completely undercooked, her order came wrong and everything was swimming in grease. It's a shame, it really is a great location, but this is a dive bar that serves bad bad food.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Great place to have a drink and watch the evening sun go down and chat with people. The service was good but the food was just decent. bar food with burgers and things not bad just not great either. We would go back.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

We were going to go to Mrs. Olson's on Mother's Day, but the wait was 1 1/2 hours. No one wanted to wait so we walked into The Lookout Bar and Grill and we were seated immediately. There were plenty of other seats too. :(
I had the short stack of pancakes. There were 2 very small pancakes, about 4 maybe 5 inches in diameter. There was black pieces stuck to them from the dirty grill. I picked it off. :( again. My husbands well done hamburger (no pink) was red in the middle. He only ate the outside. We were there with 4 other people and they said it was OK. Six of us were there 5 had breakfast one a burger and the bill was $86. Definitely not worth it. Go somewhere else. Anywhere else really. Our glasses were empty for about a half hour. We finally asked for refills. It took about an hour to get our food and there was hardly anyone there.

1  Thank jackiekay

Been to The Lookout Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!