All reviews front desk staff nice hotel couple of nights coffee pot marriott brand comfortable stay outdoor pool mini fridge and microwave standard room ice machine easy access bed was very comfortable sliders channel islands freeway lobby anastasia
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Love the access from the parking on same floor. The room was very spacious and an array of lights to choose from. The bed was comfy and firm. The hotel was very quiet. Slider opened to the courtyard with table. Close access to the the ice machine but not noisy. The cafe had a great healthy and fresh choices for breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
peruvnpaty, General Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Dear Antonia R

It is great to hear you had a wonderful experience while staying at our property, and you liked the location of your room and the amenities we offer as well as our Bistro items.

We do appreciate you sharing with other travelers and look forward to your next visit while in the area.

All the best,

Reviewed August 12, 2018

We stayed at this place just for 1 night. The hotel is recently renovated and is very clean. The beds were also very comfortable. The hotel has an outdoor pool and a Jacuzzi. Check in and check out was a breeze. Leslie was on duty and she helped us with directions. Hotel does not offer a free breakfast, but there is a bistro with food and drinks. A shopping mall is withing a walking distance. Have a good night sleip!

Room tip: 2nd floor, annex building
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilya D

Hello Ilya D,

Happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities while staying at our hotel and Leslie was able to assist you with local information and directions.

Looks like you took advantage of the proximity of "The Collection", across from us, where there is plenty of shopping and entertaining for everyone.

We hope to see you back in the near future, while in the Oxnard/Ventura areas.

Best,!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I was scheduled to attend a conference at CSU Channel Islands, with my wife accompanying me, but the primary (luxury) conference hotel was booked by the time I tried to get a reservation. This hotel was then listed as an alternate for the conference, and though it is not a luxury hotel (which would be rare for this branch of the Marriott family) it worked out fine for my purpose. The rooms were clean and appointed well enough that my wife was happy occupying the room doing her own business while I was at the conference, and quiet enough not to have noise distracting us either during the daytime when she was working or at night when we were trying to sleep. Though I admittedly had liked the idea of staying in that luxury hotel at convention prices, we'd stay here again. The hotel did what was required of it.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
peruvnpaty, General Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear AnnArborMiBob:

Is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your wife was able to rest while you were at your conference. I'm glad this last minute arrangements, worked out for you both.

We do appreciate you sharing with other travelers and look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future while in the Oxnard/Ventura area.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed June 7, 2018

My husband received a gift certificate for a one-night stay and breakfast for two when the Rotary Club named him Teacher of the Year. We saved it for a year to enable out-of-town family to stay there during our daughter's graduation weekend. When he called to make the reservation, there were rooms available but he was told they wouldn't honor it because it looked like they were nearing an 80 percent occupancy rate. It expires two weeks later and they refused to extend it.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
peruvnpaty, General Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Dear Karin G

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience of not being able to accommodate your family from out of town with the Complimentary Certificate given by the Rotary Club of Oxnard.

We have been partners of the Club and strong supporters of the "Teachers Recognition Program" for many years.
These Complimentary Certificates are valid for about a year so that the recipients have ample opportunity to use them, and have some restrictions noted on the bottom.

I apologize again for not being able to accommodate you on such short notice.

Respectfully,

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Comfortable room with good amenities and recent updates.

Appearance: Great. Recently updated. See photos.

Bed: Nice California King mattress. The only problem for me is that Cal King mattresses are wide but just a little bit shorter. As a 6ft tall man, my feet were poking off the end of the bed. I slept diagonally to get a little more length.

Quietness: Nice and quiet at night. AC makes sound but is reasonable. There was a little bit of TV noise from the adjacent room, but it was barely perceptable.

Darkness: Blackout curtains didn’t block light around edges of windows. See the photograph attached to this review. To block light I stacked pillows on the bed to create a little light barrier next to my head.

One feature I really did appreciate was the dedicated electric car charging station (Clipper Creek J-1772 plug) in the parking lot.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
peruvnpaty, General Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear Socal_Johnny:

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you were able to take advantage of the electric car charging station in the parking lot.

We appreciate your comments regarding the blackout curtains in the rooms and will follow up with our housekeeping and engineering department heads to ensure this is being taken care of.

Thank you for staying with us; hope to see you back in the near future, when your travels bring you back to the Oxnard/Ventura areas,

Best Regards,