“Rochelle ”

Herzog Wine Cellars
Ranked #8 of 18 things to do in Oxnard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Herzog Wine Cellars in Southern California is a stylish and modern winery that is nothing less than au courant. Enjoy artisan wines, five star cuisine, boutique and outdoor terrace.
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful winery. Ample free parking. Courteous and kind staff. Beautiful selection of wine for sale. Also different wines offered at sale prices

All reviews
"tasting room"
in 7 reviews
"steak"
in 3 reviews
"the menu looked amazing"
"oak barrels"
"reds"
"signage"

Reviewed April 25, 2018

My wife enjoyed the wine tasting before dinner. She tried 8 wines and enjoyed several of them quite a bit. We then bought a bottle of wine (for < $10) and the tasting was free.

Dinner was amazing. The salad, mushroom soup, sweetbreads (heaven!), and veal chop were all 5+ stars. David, our server, paired the wines brilliantly. He was pleasant and knowledgeable. Steak was not lean enough, but wonderfully prepared. Baked Alaska for dessert was superb.

This may have been one of the most memorable dinners my wife and I have ever enjoyed. It is well worth the trip. Enjoy!

2  Thank JSJNY
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

I only visited the tasting room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I am normally just a red wine drinker but I tried all of their varieties. They all were very good but I really enjoyed the reds. I bought three bottles and will be looking for the Herzog brand at my local stores.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

We had relatives in from the Boston area who keep Kosher and wanted to go to a winery, so we brought them here! It was a Friday and the factory was not in production but you can go in a self guided tour to see how the magic happens! We then went downstairs and into their tasting room to check out their wines. We actually found a wine that we loved and bought a bottle so the tasting was free! We got to meet Joe their head winemaker and chatted with him for a few minutes which made our visit even mire special & enjoyable! Their restaurant was closed but the menu looked amazing so we're coming back some time soon for dinner! This place is a hidden gem!!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Tastings are either 6 or 8 wines. I decided on the 8 wine tasting and was glad I did. The reds are really good and the dessert wine is goodness on the palate. If I had to choose only 2 wines to buy from them it would be their Variations American Oak Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast and their Herzog Late Harvest Orange Muscat, California. Not that the others are bad just these 2 take the cake.

1  Thank Cora W