“This motel was a pleasant surprise.”
Review of Inn at Oxnard

Inn at Oxnard
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Wintersville, Ohio
“This motel was a pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Good motel. the staff very friendly. room was clean. the breakfast was great and there was plenty of places to sit. Our surprise was that they served dinner for free. We had taco's the night we were there. You don't get that at any other motel that I know of. Great job by the manager. There is an I Hop right next door.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annaohio013
newmanagement2010, General Manager at Inn at Oxnard, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate your notes and hope to see you again while in the Oxnard Channel Islands area.
Best Regards
Lesly Elenes
A.GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Very nice hotel. I booked the room through Choice rewards and this did not sit well with the
clerk. We booked a suite and had a confirmation email, but when we showed up and Jaci the clerk saw that we used rewards for the nice room, said that the room was not available.
We booked it 15 minutes prior. She looked and looked and complained how much trouble she is going to get in for giving us a room about equal to what we booked and finally found a room. She had the maid go see if it was cleaned and came back and said it was ready to go. Later that night we found sand in 2 of the beds. REALLY! This is the service we get for repeatedly using Choice Hotels. The next day we go to use the "heated" pool of which Jaci said was just filled yesterday to it may still be cold, was still cold and there was not
a heat pump on. When we go to ask the guy on duty why the pool isn't heated, he said the pump is broken. Why so many lies? Is this how you run your business. So to end my review, If Jaci is working, spit in her face and go somewhere else, hopefully the other tenants run the place better that she does.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank dafritz
newmanagement2010, Manager at Inn at Oxnard, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
We try to upgrade all our Rewards Members, however, due to the Strawberry Festival we were sold out and all of our upgrades had already been occupied. We are sorry we were unable to accommodate your request and also for the conditions you experienced with housekeeping and our pool. There is no excuse for the way you and your family were treated and I assure you corrective action has been taken. Again our apologies.

Travellers are raving about these Oxnard hotels

West Covina, California
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My son and his wife have stayed here before (Choice Privilages GP-SXK81600) and recommended it to me when I needed to be in Ventura. The staff were excellent. Was given a convenient room, close to the dining room and elevator. (I'm old) The staff at breakfast was excellent. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends. Room clean and bed comfortable. Thanks so much.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pegleyh
New London, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 April 2010

The staff here is very accommodating and friendly. They offered a wonderful light dinner and complimentary happy hour as well as a hot breakfast the next morning, along with a complimentary USA Today. We were so pleased we stopped again on the return trip and were no less impressed.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Mountain House, CA
Reviewed 2 April 2010

i stayed for a week in january for the birth of my granddaughter . convenient location for me.
i stayed in a big room w/ micro, refrig, and even a little patio. but I have a few complaints. The carpets are not clean, the hallways cement floors are dirty dirty,, the shrubs are pretty lifeless in the back section and need to be replaced. landscaping ok in other areas. The breakfast was average= waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, cereals, fruit. good value for the price. The place is pretty secure with one entrance & back gate. Next to IHOP and a block from starbucks. I felt safe being alone there. I stayed there again in February for 2 nights, but that room had a VERY dirty carpet and even though a non smoking roomed, "reeked" of smoke.. won't stay there again until i find out they have cleaned the carpets and will check out on next visit. ok room for the price. I'm trying La Quinta next. I go to Oxnard regularly to visit my son & fam. so hope this place cleans up so I can stay there again. convenient for me to visit.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
newmanagement2010, Management at Inn at Oxnard, responded to this review, 10 April 2010
We take great pride in our property and constantly strive to provide a clean, affordable stay with outstanding service. As you noted, our rooms are spacious and breakfast includes a wide-variety of offerings -- a good value. We have an ongoing scheduled cleaning program utilizing in-house staff -- carpets are cleaned on a rotations basis or as necessary, while rooms / hallways are cleaned or vacuumed daily. It is unfortunately difficult to monitor guests who do not obey rules and who smoke in non-smoking rooms. Landscaping and gardening maintenance is ongoing and shrub replacement is scheduled. We encourage you to stay with us again when visiting the area. Should your room not meet your expectations, I suggest you immediately speak with the general manager or onsite staff. And, congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Palm Springs
Reviewed 26 November 2009

My daughter, her dog, and I stayed at this Comfort Inn for one night. Everything was very nice- accommodations, breakfast, service. Pool water was cold (not heated...?), but jacuzzi was great and everything else was great. Staff answered questions about the area - directions to beach, etc. We appreciated that it is dog-friendly.

• Stayed November 2009
Bawston
Reviewed 4 October 2009

On a Saturday night, it might be difficult to find an affordable place to sleep. We diecide to go south to Oxnard, where we found this Comfort inn. It was the 3rd Comfort inn for us and it didn´t dissapoint. Very good breakfast, with the alternative of sausages and eggs if oyu don´t like muffins, cereals and waffles. The rooms were nice as expected and the hot tub was truly relaxing. We paid 99$ and it was worth it, although we weren´t lucky with the service in the front desk upon arrival.
It is important to note that if you are using google maps to get there the query to Comfort inn in Oxnard will bring you to the wrong place. Make sure you double check the address of this Comfort inn.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Oxnard, Assistant General Manager at Inn at Oxnard, responded to this review, 11 November 2009
We cannot express to you how much your comments are appreciated. I apologize for any complications upon check in and would love to discuss the details at your convenience. I also assure you that we are looking into the listing and directions via Google Maps. Again, the comments are welcomed and truly appreciated. We would be more than happy to welcome you back to the hotel for a weekend getaway.