All reviews golf course full kitchen the penthouse tennis courts apartment complex dallas cowboys large property living room marriott brand training camp small kitchen two story home away from home social hour tacos free breakfast main building
Reviewed May 1, 2015

Stayed just one night at the Residence Inn for work purposes. Check-in was easy and painless.

As I made my way to my room I noticed there were quite a few late teen/early 20-somethings running around, to and from rooms and the pool area etc. As I was there for just one night and knew I'd be going to bed quite early - 8:30pm at the latest - so I could be up at 4am for work, I was wary of the commotion. Upon entering my room I was met with the very pronounced hum of a hot tub bubble motor alerting me to the fact that the hot tub was directly outside of the window next to the bed. I walked straight to the phone, called the front desk and asked if the pools were busy until they closed at 10pm. I was told "maybe" and asked if I could change rooms given my early bedtime and wake up. She didn't skip a beat, said absolutely and back to the lobby I went.

I was given a MUCH quieter room. Room 121. Top floor so no footsteps and faced the golf course so SUPER quiet. I was also away from the pool for this group of buildings so couldn't have been happier. The rooms are nice and big, kitchen, sitting area, dining area, bed and bath. When traveling for work, I love having enough space to spread out and have somewhere to sit other than my bed. If you're traveling with kids and plan to stay for a while, then the Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge is your place.

So as it turns out, they have a whole bunch of tennis courts and therefore host tennis tournaments. Hence the large group of young people excited to be away from home and around individuals with similarly raging hormones. I thankfully was far enough away from the tennis courts to be bothered however colleagues who were staying right next to them informed me that the kids were out running around the courts, making noise after 11pm. They repeatedly called the front desk, starting around 9pm, but it wasn't until 11pm that a security guard showed up to bring an end to the revelry. While I wasn't directly impacted by it, I do think the hotel should have been more proactive in containing the situation so that my colleagues, who were also part of a large group, could have had as restful of a night as I did.

Would definitely book here again for a group, they made it all very easy for us and check-in was flawless for each member of my group. They have a breakfast but unfortunately my group were all out of the hotel by the time it started so I can't comment on it's quality.

Overall, the Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge ticked all of my important boxes - comfortable bed, good water pressure, high quality towels and, depending on your room, quiet.

Room tip: Room 121 was awesome, ask them to see a map and ask about relation to the pool & hot tub areas. Some rooms share walls with the hot tub mechanisms which are not quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2015

This was a quick stay for business, but the one bedroom studio room was great. Spacious with a full sitting area, and full kitchen. It is set up like the original Residence Inns, so apartment style. No noise, good breakfast. Good stay

• Trip type: Travelled on business
RInn_River_Ridge, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2015

Thanks for your comments and posting those photos of our 'spacious' suites! All of our 252 suites are newly refurbished in the last year and ready for summer travel to Ventura County!

Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Stayed for four days. Way different layout than I expected. A whole bunch of 2 storey 8 unit buildings. Facility was very clean. Rooms had equipped kitchen. Breakfast buffet was great. Staff were accommodating and friendly. The major flaw with this facility is the deplorable parking. The spots in front of the units were all labelled "compact vehicles", and boy they weren't kidding. Park regular size vehicles in them, and you either had to exit thru your window, or whack the vehicle beside you. There were spots available in the central part of the complex, but if you came in late none were available. You had to park by the main check in, which for us, was almost a cab ride from our unit, which was furthest away. I suspect they had to create all the smart car stalls to meet parking regulations, but it was most annoying. Overall a great place to stay.

Reviewed March 26, 2015

Stayed here for one night for a week-end get away. The hotel is composed of 32 2-floor individual "pods/buildings" with each pod/building composed of 4 rooms: 2 on 1st floor and 2 on the 2nd floor. I wished I could have requested for a 2nd floor room because the occupants on the 2nd floor above our room had such a heavy feet that you can hear all the walking around. Additionally, at 7 in the morning, when the next door neighbor turned on the water for the shower, you can hear it. Sound proofing in between rooms is not so good. However, we did not hear any noise coming from the outside of the building which was a relief. If one has to haul in plenty of luggage though, the 2nd floor would not be a good choice as the buildings do not have elevators so you would have to carry everything up the stairs.
Grounds and whole facility was very clean. Our room was spotless. Breakfast was great as well. They had a great variety of choices of hot and cold breakfast. The breakfast area was fully staffed - I counted 4 employees making sure everything was in order, refilling anything that was running low, cleaning up the tables and even one staff going around asking if you were done and would take away your dirty plates which I found somewhat unusual. They were very courteous and made us feel very welcome.
I would certainly stay in this hotel again when we are in the area.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RInn_River_Ridge, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2015

Thanks for the feedback. We clearly have some guests who prefer the 2nd floor, but just as many who prefer the ground floor. With 32 separate buildings and our quiet 'golf location' we do get many positive comments on how peaceful our hotel can be. That stated we do understand your comments regarding 'guest noise' from other suites. Finally our complimentary breakfast is rated on of the best of almost now 700 Residence Inns!

Reviewed March 21, 2015

We stayed here for one night and had a nice quiet room upstairs. You do have to lug your bags up an outdoor flight of stairs for second floor rooms. Room was very large with a kitchen. Breakfast buffet was better than most others at similar properties. Sausage links and eggs were hot. Lots of choices of breads and cereal too. My only disappointment was the coffee. Neither the room brand nor the dining room brew were good. Find a Starbucks.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple